My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900.

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900. #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
My review of my 2006 kubota RTV 900 (Full curtis cab with heat and windshield wiper)after 7 years of use(425 hours).The only 3 cons I have was rattle in drive shaft(fixed)and hard shifting(fixed by dealer)and the hydro pedal operation would throw you threw the windshield when you let of the gas pedal.Fixed by me with new coast valve.Pros,this thing is one heck of a work horse,I use it for snow plowing,yard work,hunting,grading our road and other projects.It has been flawless to say the least. Regular maint. change oil and hydro filters and your good to go.If you are looking for a 50 mile an hour racer look else where.If you are looking for a TRUE 25 mph work horse for the farm or home use this is it.coobie

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900. #2  
I'm guessing over all you are happy?

Mine is 3 years old with close to 700 hours. Not much has gone wrong with it, I had to put a starter on it recently, bent the front rim one time (my fault, fixed it with a big hammer), replaced some relay (under warranty), two or three tire plugs and like you said oils and filters. Seems pretty good for the abuse we give it.

As much as I love the 900, I am looking for a used 1100.

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900. #3  
Good review. My 1140 is a gem also. Radiator fan melted down, I replaced it with a Toyota one, avoiding $500 replacement cost from Kubota. Added a high rise air intake...should be standard. Use it daily. Have added about 20 customizations making it even more handy.

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900.
I'm guessing over all you are happy?

Mine is 3 years old with close to 700 hours. Not much has gone wrong with it, I had to put a starter on it recently, bent the front rim one time (my fault, fixed it with a big hammer), replaced some relay (under warranty), two or three tire plugs and like you said oils and filters. Seems pretty good for the abuse we give it.

As much as I love the 900, I am looking for a used 1100.
You bet I am happy.I could not ask for a more dependable work horse.

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900. #5  
Added a high rise air intake...should be standard.

I wish the intake was integrated into the roll bar, like on my cousins Mule. I think the high rise intake would get messed up when I haul round bales in the bed.

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900. #6  
Only had a 1100 for two years. Thought I would have more usage for one but it didn't pan out. It did run the trails on our 55 acres, wet areas were a problem due to the weight of the machine. Winter time was limited to snow less than six inches deep. Ran / performed well. Would have liked a better suspension, maybe another gear as 24 mph was the speed limit. My wife wouldn't drive it due to being tippy and sometimes hard to shift. Loved the heat and ac though. I have to commend them on resale value because it took less than four days to sell it on CL. I priced it low enough so it was attractive as I don't like to haggle or meet a host of tire kickers.

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900.
Only had a 1100 for two years. Thought I would have more usage for one but it didn't pan out. It did run the trails on our 55 acres, wet areas were a problem due to the weight of the machine. Winter time was limited to snow less than six inches deep. Ran / performed well. Would have liked a better suspension, maybe another gear as 24 mph was the speed limit. My wife wouldn't drive it due to being tippy and sometimes hard to shift. Loved the heat and ac though. I have to commend them on resale value because it took less than four days to sell it on CL. I priced it low enough so it was attractive as I don't like to haggle or meet a host of tire kickers.
Tippy?Mine never feels tippy.You must live in a mountain area?Like I stated not as race horse,25 mph is fine with me.coobie

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900. #8  
my 1140 not tippy either...but of course anything can be overturned if not careful

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900. #9  
Out digging in the graveyard here....

Coobie, can you tell me more about the new coast valve you put in? My uncle has 2 of these and that has always been the biggest complaint when driving them!

/ My review of my 7 year old 2006 Kubota RTV 900. #10  
My RTV900 is 10 years old and is my most used piece of equipment I own. The wife uses it all the time and hardly ever uses her gardening wheel barrow anymore. Even with a cab it is very stable and not tipsy feeling.

I put a set Of ITP 589 tires on it and have a Curtis cab and snow blade and it is a snow pushing machine. It hauls deer, wood, mulch, sprayers, generators, welders and pulls kids on sleds in the snow, I would be lost without this machine. I am thinking about trading it in on a 1100X model, but there is still a lot of life left in the old 900 and it is long since paid for.

The RTV900 has only been back to the dealership once and that was on a recall on the hood hinges, which could fail and cause the hood to fly up and strike the windshield.

Sorry coobie didn't mean to take over your review, but I completely agree with your assessment of the machine.