Rear Finish Mower My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company
I see you registered just to bad mouth this company. I get that you are upset and it sounds like you may have good reason but I think some details have been left out.

Reading between the lines it would seem YOU asked your dealer to order this mower as part of a tractor package. If they are not a Titan dealer that kind of puts them on the spot. On the other hand if all is what it seems the Titan company is wrong and should make it right. Your dealer should make every effort to hold them to the fire on this. It sounds like they placed the order for you and what arrived is not what you requested. The model number on the tag you show does not match the model you said was on the invoice.

NO WAY under ANY circumstances would I leave the dealer with a mower I didn't want and use it. Tell them to hold it until the problem is resolved either by getting the mower you wanted or a full credit for the mower that was shipped. Just tell them flat out you won't accept it. The dealer cannot hold this against you.

Ironic their claim to fame is American Manufactured and they had their name and logo placed on a foreign made mower. Pretty sure there are laws against this.

Let us know how it turns out.

Now in that 1st sentence your just being a troll.

If you look hard enough you'll find out that I joined about a month ago as I was buying a Branson tractor. And if I found pretty good information.

The rest is exactly how it seems. Bransons implement book is basically everything coming from Titan implement so when you order of Branson implement you're actually getting Titan.

Heck I was so excited about getting a new tractor implement was secondary other than wanting high quality and American made. Honestly not sure what to do like I said I like the tractor guy and don't wanna be a d*** to him.

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company #12  
I bought my Titan from a Branson tractor dealer too. He seemed okay. But if I was your dealer, I'd be having the manufacturer pay for the take-back because you did NOT get what you ordered. I'm not so stingy about where it's made, but all their literature talks about American made and 6 blades. I wonder what oriface they pulled that out of. (?)

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company #13  
Now in that 1st sentence your just being a troll.

If you look hard enough you'll find out that I joined about a month ago as I was buying a Branson tractor. And if I found pretty good information.

The rest is exactly how it seems. Bransons implement book is basically everything coming from Titan implement so when you order of Branson implement you're actually getting Titan.

Heck I was so excited about getting a new tractor implement was secondary other than wanting high quality and American made. Honestly not sure what to do like I said I like the tractor guy and don't wanna be a d*** to him.

Then why does your profile only show 3 posts? Exactly the number of posts in this thread. Didn't really mean to sound derogatory but it seemed like some of the details were missing and your post count only shows what you have made here. Maybe you joined under a different user name?

My opinion on your situation is you have a right to be upset. Advertising a product to be made in America and of a certain design then selling it as a foreign made implement of a different design is clearly bait and switch. I am thinking if you do this and ship across state lines it is probably a federal offense.

If what you described happened to me I would NOT take delivery and if I didn't get satisfaction pretty quick I would be on the phone to the authorities.

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company #14  
Someone does a bait-n-switch like this to me.....d*** would be a understatement if they stick it to me.:eek:

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company #15  
I thought Titan was famous for selling Chinese knockoff products? Unless that has changed substantially, the made in America line is a real stretch. There have been other threads complaining about their foreign products.

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company #16  
There's two Titans.

Titan Attachments (palletforks.com) is the one that sells a number of Chinese made attachments. Titan Implements (titanimplement.com) is an implement manufacturer whose web site says they make their implements in the US.

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company #17  
By now I would go to attorney on this. May cost couple of hundred dollars but if they broke the law or laws you need to be moving that direction.

The two Titans...I had bumped into that before but never did trace it.

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company #18  
Yep, still shows as 6 blade. Oh, I guarantee none of the gearboxes are made by them and probably a lot of the other parts. They MAY weld up the box... Maybe not even that. Manufactured is an ambiguous term.... More accurately is assembled.

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company #19  
Apparently truth in advertising doesn't matter any more. :punch:

/ My problem with Titan Implement.....yep the made in America company #20  
In looking at the Titan literature, I find it odd that their model line shows all 3 blade units for everything except that 84" model. They go up 1 foot in size and have to go from 3 to 6 blades? Makes me wonder if it was a typo. Their web site chart is a cut and paste photo from their product brochure so if it is wrong in there, it will certainly be wrong on the web page. Regardless, it really does stink.

A recent implement purchase I made was based on it being made here too. The company's web page states "....the leading North American manufacturer of rotary cutters, finishing mowers, landscape tools, and tractor-mounted implements used in the agricultural market." The major components of it are made in India and China....or at least that is what is stamped on them. Maybe the frame was made in the U.S., not sure.

As Handloader109 mentioned, "Manufactured is an ambiguous term.... More accurately is assembled." We live in a global market, of that I am sure.