My new Zetor 6745

/ My new Zetor 6745 #11  
What happens if you put Hi/lo in neutral?

/ My new Zetor 6745
Dark outside now, will report back in 14 hours

/ My new Zetor 6745 #13  
I would just unbolt the gear selector under the dash, lift it up and put all back in neutral.
There are an upgrade for the gear shifter that you can buy at the dealer.
Have seen some whit much wear on the guide plates for the shifter, just build it up whit welding and grind it.

/ My new Zetor 6745
Fixed. As I suspected (not as suggested by the last owner) the brakes were jammed on.
It looks like one side of the handbrake was dragging and both hydraulic cylinders on the foot brakes were badly rusted up.
Handbrake has been disconnected (it will be a big job to reinstate it fully, so will save that for another day).
Cylinders will be replaced.

Removed the broken PTO shaft by welding a nut on the broken stub and using a slide hammer to pull it off.
New PTO shaft goes on when the replacement bolt arrives.

Need to tighten up the hand throttle control.

/ My new Zetor 6745 #15  
Quit common on older Zetors, plan for a brake job, not much work if you have concrete floor and something to lift with. Parts are cheap so don't leave dodgy parts in there. Remember to replace seals on drum and seal in to the diff.

/ My new Zetor 6745
Fitted new hydraulic brake cylinders today, brakes work much better.
Found there is no handbrake handle at all and the handbrake cable is broken, so will buy those parts.
Water pump is in very poor condition and needs to be replaced.
Also found the 4th & 5th gear linkage is probably broken. Tractor sometimes gets jammed in 4th gear. Selector is moved out of 4th gear to another gear but gearbox stays in 4th gear. Tractor won't move.
Mechanic is pretty sure the selector is broken. So looking for another one.
Also found there is a pin through the gear lever under the gear lever housing that is missing.
The pin stops the gear lever moving in ways that it shouldn't.
With the pin missing the gear lever moves around in weird ways and is probably contributing to gear selection problems (compounded by the broken linkage and not knowing the gear layout).
Made good progress.

Hooked up my disc mower today, 3PL works ok and hydraulic port at the rear works ok.

/ My new Zetor 6745
Fitted new water pump, pulled transmission lid off and found 4th / 5th selector broken. Waiting for a replacement from the local dismantler.
Had a proper play with my disc mower and found the hydraulic pressure is low. It can lift the mower on the 3PL (only just), but can't fold the mower up (there is a small ram on the mower for folding fed from a hydraulic remote on the tractor).
Mechanic suspects worn out hydraulic pump.
Any ideas if these can be fixed with a repair kit or is it a throw away item ?

/ My new Zetor 6745 #18  
Replace, those pumps are very cheap and easy to replace.

/ My new Zetor 6745
Bought a used hydraulic pump for $50 (had to remove it myself after draining water out of the wrecked tractor's transmission). I've left it sitting in a bucket of diesel to help clean it up. In the meantime the mighty 6745 has been doing a good job of pulling my 2 tonne Welger hay baler around. It's doing that so well, that I'll probably keep it just for my baler and not bother fixing the hydraulics. Having actually tried the brakes on a hill I've found that the foot brakes work very poorly and the handbrake works well. I assume they're both pulling on the same set of brake shoes so is there an adjustment to improve the foot brake operation ?
BTW, I find the handbrake style operation of the PTO clutch really useful rather than the two stage foot pedal on most tractors. Hand operated PTO clutch means I can stop and start the baler without stopping tractor movement. I've also got better control over the speed of PTO clutch engagement.

/ My new Zetor 6745 #20  
There are two separate brake systems for foot and parking brake, the foot brake is self adjusting.