My new to me John Deere 566

/ My new to me John Deere 566 #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
Just picked this up, going to take a little getting use to but should be fun learning how it works. Anyone with any experience with this model have any thoughts or advice to shorten the learning curve, only round baler I've ran was a small Case-IH that made 39" wide bales.

Attachments

• 20160319_115212.jpg
    20160319_115212.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 237
   / My new to me John Deere 566 #2  
They are great machines I've put about 10,000 rolls on mine. Just grease it daily and keep the electric sensors clean and it will run great for years.

/ My new to me John Deere 566 #4  
It should make a nice bale of hay. Although I've baled many 4' wide rd bales I haven't operated a 5' wide baler since I left JD dealership in '87. My 1st 467 I bought new had 30,000 bales on it when I traded for present 467 that now has 22,000+ bales on it. I'll suggest to get a laser thermometer to check temp of brgs after operation if you don't already have one. I think you'll like the surface wrap option.

/ My new to me John Deere 566
They are great machines I've put about 10,000 rolls on mine. Just grease it daily and keep the electric sensors clean and it will run great for years.

Anything in particular with the sensors or just keep the dust off them?

It should make a nice bale of hay. Although I've baled many 4' wide rd bales I haven't operated a 5' wide baler since I left JD dealership in '87. My 1st 467 I bought new had 30,000 bales on it when I traded for present 467 that now has 22,000+ bales on it. I'll suggest to get a laser thermometer to check temp of brgs after operation if you don't already have one. I think you'll like the surface wrap option.

Are the bearings an issue on these balers more than on a small square baler? I will get a thermometer, been wanting to get 1 for a while but keep putting it off.

/ My new to me John Deere 566 #8  
Brgs on rd balers operate very close to the hay bale being formed. Therefore rd balers because of this fact plus the number of brgs are more susceptible to catching fire than a sq baler. Another good thing to have is a 2-1/2 gallon water fire extinguisher with dish soap or a product called "Fire Out" added to the water. I've seen all brands(colors) of rd balers that have burnt. I had a JD 435 that burnt back in the late 90's and it's not a fun feeling.

Brgs on rd balers operate very close to the hay bale being formed. Therefore rd balers because of this fact plus the number of brgs are more susceptible to catching fire than a sq baler. Another good thing to have is a 2-1/2 gallon water fire extinguisher with dish soap or a product called "Fire Out" added to the water. I've seen all brands(colors) of rd balers that have burnt. I had a JD 435 that burnt back in the late 90's and it's not a fun feeling.

Thanks, this 1 came with a small fire extinguisher but I will look into the bigger extinguisher and hopefully never need it.

What is causing this? I'm new to net wrap and do not see anything wrong with the rollers but it was working fine then this happened. I removed the net wrap that was wrapped around the roller and it worked fine for 10 bales then did it again. I haven't tried it since as I was trying to get the hay in before the rain so I switched to twine.

Also, is there any tricks or tips to help make feeding the net wrap between the rollers easier?

1466652133759.jpg