My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,811  
So there is nothing in the ground? Nothing to anchor it? Do you get any tornadoes in your part of the country? I'm sure it must be fine, but I'd think something like that would be at risk in high winds.

There are 3 foot long rebar spikes every 3-4 feet holding it in place and 9 two foot mobile home anchors holding it down.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,813  
Nice! The goats told me "Not Baaaaad!" 😁

#4,814  
We spent the weekend fighting poisoned goats. They got into some Mountain Laurel. Foaming mouth, vomiting. Zombie stagger. Grinding teeth.
Jefanna saw it in Margot when she was moving them back to the pen Friday. Two doses of pepto 15 mil. Each induced vomiting. Then 30 ml activated clay paste followed by a drench of activated charcoal every 2 yours. Till 2 am when it appeared she was no longer vomiting.
When I went down to check her she morning she came outside to greet me. Looked hung over and ragged but was hungry and started eating hay. Unfortunately Twiggy was foaming and shoeing the other symptoms but not as bad and not grinding teeth. Repeat of the previous night. By noon everyone looked well. I can see them all at the hay feeder so I think we got lucky

#4,815  
I have been thinking about the metal building and lightening. It has 2.5-3 foot rebar stakes thru the metal frame, into the ground every 4 feet. So in the structure there are over 40 of them. 32 in the main building and 11 in the overhang. Should I still put in grounding rods?
It doesn’t have electricity but I am considering a solar system for the future. They are just too easy these days. I could put a few small panels up and have a battery system in there to run some lights. And for kidding I may have a little fold out work table set up in a fenced off area for notes and mixing meds. I could put a small solar power supply in there as well.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,816  
In my experience, it's worth whatever the effort and expense that it takes to trench a line to another building!!!!!!!

You are going to be there for a very long time. Run power to the barn.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,818  
Agree Eddie good advise

Sorry about goats happy they are better

#4,819  
Water line is planned. when I get rehabbed from the shoulder. gonna tap off the one in front yard and make a bline to the barn area