My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,621  
Sounds like your plate is full in getting the new animals adjusted. Your vet should be able to get her back on track and growing like a weed in no time. We had a Great Pyrenees/ Anatolian for 10 yrs and man did she ever guard the wife !!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,622  
Sounds like your plate is full in getting the new animals adjusted. Your vet should be able to get her back on track and growing like a weed in no time. We had a Great Pyrenees/ Anatolian for 10 yrs and man did she ever guard the wife !!

It is definitely full. We took tonight off from farm work and sat at the table and talked. Lauren had a photo shoot today and was telling us about it. We put Ayi ( pronounced “eye-yuh”) on a leash and took a walk down to the pond, stopping along the way to look at the goats. We moved their fence yesterday evening and I let them out this morning after hooking the fence back up. I’m sitting on the front step watching Ayi chew on a bully stick and the goats in the distance.
Its one of those moments where I realize I chased the wrong dreams for a good part of my life. I’ve never been happier than this. It isn’t the land. It isn’t the view. And I couldn’t do it without the other things I did before. But I could have done this with just a couple acres. Two goats and a dog. Or maybe some chickens. Or just a dog. But, I need the earth. I need to be connected to it and I need to scratch my mark into it even if that mark fades into nothing in a generation.
I need some space and more than anything, I just needed a sense of peace.
I have been married four times and buried two wives. I have raised five children. And I am blessed with two grandchildren. I know that this sense of peace is is a fragile and temporary thing. But right now, my full plate feels pretty darn good.

IMG_1772.jpg

#4,623  
Good news is its not coccidia. Bad news is it’s Giardia. I just gave her the first dose of meds that she is on and cancelled a visit from my grandkids for this weekend. She also still had worms even after the 3 day treatment I gave her so she is on a 14 day wormer. I’m sure her gut has to be hurting. At least we know whats up with her and she should be getting better within a few days. Yesterday she was still perky but this morning she was not. She ate and slept all day. It was also 96 degrees in the shade, so I had my daughter bring her inside so she can cool off. This dog is a lot of drama. Thankfully, so far the goats seem to be doing well

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,624  
There are too many reasons, including your Daughter's health, that you need to get rid of this puppy.

Patrick

#4,625  
There are too many reasons, including your Daughter's health, that you need to get rid of this puppy.

Patrick

The Giardia will pass and the dog will be fine. I am pretty sure, at this point that my wife and daughter would offer significant resistance to that idea.
To me, this is just part and parcel of owning dogs. As a point of potential infection, every farm animal we own could be a point of contagion for something. And we already have a dog in the house who kills and eats stuff outside, as well as sometimes rolling in dead stuff or scat.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,626  
Sounds like the vet is treating your puppy good. It just happens with puppies plus i am sure the pup has some getting use to her new home and surroundings, she will be fine ! Its been HOT here as well in the mountains of Tenn. so we make sure the dogs don't stay out to long and there are numerous bowls of water outside they can go get a drink. How old is Ayi now ??

#4,627  
Sounds like the vet is treating your puppy good. It just happens with puppies plus i am sure the pup has some getting use to her new home and surroundings, she will be fine ! Its been HOT here as well in the mountains of Tenn. so we make sure the dogs don't stay out to long and there are numerous bowls of water outside they can go get a drink. How old is Ayi now ??

How old is Ayi now ??

She is 9 weeks as of thursday. Definitely under weight. But I also think she has gotten taller since she has been here. Her energy level isnt real high but mine wouldn’t be either. She’s still got a good appetite. But its hot so she lays around after she eats. I think I’m gonna bring her inside again today since its 90. I’m sure there are some who will say I’ve ruined her for a guardian but she cant guard if she’s dead.

IMG_1804.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,628  
If Apollo gets to sleep inside, and the new pup has to sleep outside, you should name her Cinderella,

#4,629  
Cinderella slept in the barn last night.we are expecting a significant break from the heat today so she won’t be coming inside. We started to see the first signs of her gut getting better. I forgot how much effort a puppy can be. Just trying to enjoy the good parts of it.
Dropped a video this morning.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,630  
Nice video