My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,551  
That stretcher bar is cool but what are you using to move the fence around?
I was going to fabricate something since I didn't want to spend that big bucks to buy anything. I have pallet forks and hay forks, so I flipped the hay forks to be vertical and hooked the quick attach to the ends of the pallet forks and hold it all in place with a chain and ratchet.

I had to create a massive 3/4 inch plywood washer for the fence wire to spin on that works great. The picture shows my first attempt at the plywood washer. It was too small and if the wire got loose, it would slide off the washer and tangle in the hay spear. The bigger one is a lot bigger!!!

I attach my fence wire to my wood corner post with barbed staples, and then drive backwards. The wire unwinds until I'm out, then I install the crimp sleeves on another roll, and keep going.

IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG

I'm using these crimp splices from Amazon. Kenco also has them, but Amazon is faster and easier to order from. I put two of the C34 10.5 gauge sleeves on the top and bottom wire since it's so much thicker, and a single C2L-Long sleeve for all the smaller wires. I double crimp every sleeve. I'm not very impressed with my crimper, but I'm not sure what to get that will be better. It's not very smooth, or easy to use.

And the very best thing I've come across for attaching clips to the t-posts is the Clip Bender. I had to watch a YouTube video to figure out how to use it, but once I figured it out, it's been awesome.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,554  
So the small goat barn/shack and fenced area are basically done ( Instill need to build the door for the barn. But we finished the fence tonight after work.

I need to get a better picture but we should be picking the goats up this weekend. What a pain it is to twist field fence
To T-posts
IMG_1474.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,557  
Something like that is just pure genius. A simple solution that makes an otherwise challenging task quick & easy.

#4,558  
We used that tool. Bought two of them. But I kept twisting the wire tighter. Not sure how good those will do in the long run. The metal of the tool is also a little soft. And those clips were no good for the corners. I cut high tensile wire for the corners. Maybe I just don’t know what I’m doing but with all the stories about goats defeating g the fence I wanted to do as good a job as possible.
dji_fly_20230803_083706_236_1691066237496_photo.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,559  
Since goats prefer leaves and brush over grass, and you don't have very much grass for them, you're going to need hay to get through winter. I also suggest tossing pruned branches into their pen right after you cut them. Goats love this!!!! How cold does it get there in winter? You will need electricity to their water to keep it from freezing. The heaters that go into the water tank work well, you just have to make sure you never lose power. When we lost power for a few days, I was carrying buckets of water from the house to the barn for all of my animals. It would freeze pretty quickly, so I had to do that several times a day. I also ran a generator to a heater at the edge of the pond, but not all of my animals had access to that area, so it's just a huge nightmare when you lose power when it's really cold out.

#4,560  
In addition to the area that I put field fence around, we have 600 feet of Nash electric fence that could be moved. I intend to let them out in the morning to go into those areas and fence off different places where they have better access to brush. But I have a lot of stuff that I have to remove like mountain laurel, which will kill them. We were planning on getting in there with our battery operated loppers and cutting a lot of saplings down and tossing them over the fence each mornings to make sure they have access to a monster, but I’m sure I’ll have to put them on some kind of feeder to keep them off the ground. I’ve already arranged for a round bale to be delivered to make sure that they got plenty to eat, and to use some of it for Bedding to get them started. I will be picking up a livestock guardian dog in about a month.