My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,511  
I have an 899 (I believe) and was surprised at how much ooomph it had. I had bought a pneumatic IR231 and a few years before and can't recall the last time I used it.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,512  
I might find myself having one of those “no honey, I’ve had this tool forever” moments. Or maybe I’ll just tell her thanks for my anniversary gift.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,513  
My 911 removes 150 ft-lb pickup truck lug nuts. That is what I wanted. Got it with (2) 5Ah batteries for $235.

Recently had to work on my “tractor”:

IMG_3150.jpeg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,514  
I have 4 cordless drills. 2 Bosch and 2 Milwaukee. Each is a drill driver or a regular drill. Not a big fan of battery powered tools other than the drills. I prefer pneumatic powered tools for when more power and torque is needed without worrying if the battery will go dead ! Plus i don't care for having all those batteries around. 35 years in commercial aircraft and we were not allowed to use cordless tools, just pneumatic ones. We all have our fetishes when it comes to tools...use what makes you happy and comfortable !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,515  
My 911 removes 150 ft-lb pickup truck lug nuts. That is what I wanted. Got it with (2) 5Ah batteries for $235.

Recently had to work on my “tractor”:

View attachment 810233
How do you like your Country Clipper ? My cousin sells those and has good reviews on them...

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,516  
I have 2x DCF887 (the 1/4" screwdriver size) which do for 90% of the farmyard stuff that I do. For anything that needs more persuasion it's time to break out the 1/2" or the 3/4" pneumatic impact wrenches. A long air hose and a tank take care of most "compressor out of reach" situations. Have definitely thought about getting a bigger battery impact but can't justify the $$ for the amount of use it would get.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,517  
How do you like your Country Clipper ? My cousin sells those and has good reviews on them...
It cost much more than a Bad Boy (at same dealer) but I got a Kawasaki engine, joystick steering, and a fantastic extra cost option handrail and front step I couldn’t find anywhere else. Makes getting on/off significantly safer especially considering my purchase of a ZTR was driven by recent inability to walk 20 minutes behind self propelled push mower which takes 75 minutes to mow 0.3 acres. The CC does the job in 30 minutes. Years ago had a Snapper Ninja 21” with B&S engine. Curiously both the CC and Snapper use(d) about a quart of gasoline to mow my lawn. The Snapper used more than the Honda engined Husqvarna before it.

I have the 42” Avenue, the smallest CC. 18HP Kawasaki. Throws clippings maybe 8’. Initially thought I would buy a mulch kit but haven’t seen any grass clippings in lawn yet, it throws them so well. So no mulch, have been mulching past 25 years.

I did fall getting off a mower at the dealer which didn’t have a handrail.

Was using a Bad Boy 80v self propelled push mower, kept it for trim. Electric. Quiet. Need ear plugs for hearing protection on the CC. Using Apple AirPods.

To answer your question I now pray for rain so as to be able to mow with my CC more often. Had a good crop this week after 5 days.

When my new house is built (part of why I follow this thread) I’ll have an acre or two to mow. A 42” mower is not optimal for that but I decided not to buy bigger, now. Might change mind in a few years.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,518  
It cost much more than a Bad Boy (at same dealer) but I got a Kawasaki engine, joystick steering, and a fantastic extra cost option handrail and front step I couldn’t find anywhere else. Makes getting on/off significantly safer especially considering my purchase of a ZTR was driven by recent inability to walk 20 minutes behind self propelled push mower which takes 75 minutes to mow 0.3 acres. The CC does the job in 30 minutes. Years ago had a Snapper Ninja 21” with B&S engine. Curiously both the CC and Snapper use(d) about a quart of gasoline to mow my lawn. The Snapper used more than the Honda engined Husqvarna before it.

I have the 42” Avenue, the smallest CC. 18HP Kawasaki. Throws clippings maybe 8’. Initially thought I would buy a mulch kit but haven’t seen any grass clippings in lawn yet, it throws them so well. So no mulch, have been mulching past 25 years.

I did fall getting off a mower at the dealer which didn’t have a handrail.

Was using a Bad Boy 80v self propelled push mower, kept it for trim. Electric. Quiet. Need ear plugs for hearing protection on the CC. Using Apple AirPods.

To answer your question I now pray for rain so as to be able to mow with my CC more often. Had a good crop this week after 5 days.

When my new house is built (part of why I follow this thread) I’ll have an acre or two to mow. A 42” mower is not optimal for that but I decided not to buy bigger, now. Might change mind in a few years.
Thanks for the excellent review. I will pass that on to him. He also sells the Xmark but sales have been slow since the CC is more suited to the residential side and cheaper. The Xmark is more for the industrial/landscape business.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,520  
Some tractor repair this morning.

I broke it- I can fix it-Ventrac 4500Z Hydraulic steering repair.
Nice repair job ! I have found that if i lay down some carboard or maybe a plastic bag under where the fasteners are it will save that inevitable digging in the dirt when they are dropped....right on the plastic !!! That's one nice machine....nice that Jeffana shares it with you...LOL