My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,471  
Confused about the tractor tire. Was it punctured or did it just roll off the rim then let the air out?

Based on the 60 or so tubeless tires I have mounted (mostly motorcycle, all much smaller than your front tractor tire) once the tire bead is in contact with the rim seat (not the lip you concentrated on) the trick is to put air in faster than it leaks to fully seat the bead against the lip (that is what people do igniting butane or propane). You kept fighting it with a hammer when the job was already 98% complete, just needed more air. But this is also the most dangerous time, stand behind the wheel where the wheel can roll away, not with the tire/wheel broadside. When the tire jumps the last bit to seat on the rim it goes "Bang!" Twice. Once for each side.
You are talking about a tire with a bead to hold the sidewall of the tire in place. What David is working with is what I call a .5" tire. All .5" rims that I have seen (16.5,17.5,19.5,22.5,24.5, etc.) have a tapered bead and the pressure of the air inside holds the tire on the rim. If the tire looses air pressure the tire slides off the rim unlike a rim with a flat bead on it. What this does is protect the side wall of the tire from getting destroyed if the tire goes flat.

This tool is one of the easiest ways I know of seating the bead on these types of tires. You just fill it with air and hold the wedge between the rim and the tire and open the valve. There is no struggle.

Prices are in CAD

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,472  
You are talking about a tire with a bead to hold the sidewall of the tire in place. What David is working with is what I call a .5" tire. All .5" rims that I have seen (16.5,17.5,19.5,22.5,24.5, etc.) have a tapered bead and the pressure of the air inside holds the tire on the rim. If the tire looses air pressure the tire slides off the rim unlike a rim with a flat bead on it. What this does is protect the side wall of the tire from getting destroyed if the tire goes flat.

This tool is one of the easiest ways I know of seating the bead on these types of tires. You just fill it with air and hold the wedge between the rim and the tire and open the valve. There is no struggle.

Prices are in CAD

Interesting

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,474  
I’ve seen Andrew camarata use a bead blaster in his videos.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,475  
Your storage containers are nice, but rather than puttig a roof over them, don't you think you would be happier long term with a pole building with nice open space?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,476  
Remove the valve core and just put the hose on stem for greater air flow. Once it's seated, quickly put the valve core in, put the air chuck on the hose, and fill to correct pressure.
Yeah but... my air chucks don't work unless the valve core is installed in the stem. Surprised me. I was fighting the tire beads trying to inflate new ST trailer tires. I've been shopping and think I have one that will inflate air w/o core but haven't tried it.

Was years ago but ultimately I put the last trailer tire/wheel in the trunk of my Prius, headed to a tire shop, and threw myself on the tech's mercy. He put it on his tire machine which has a ring of high volume air blown up from underneath and popped the bead on in seconds. "No charge, had a good laugh!" Gave him $5 anyway.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,477  
I haven't noticed the .5 rims being significantly different from automotive tubeless rims. What I did notice back in 1978 was how truck tubeless rims were .5 inch so as to keep monkeys from mounting tube type tires on tubeless rims and vice versa.

Yup! I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat if I was doing many tires which needed one. Much safer than butane, gasoline, or propane and a match. Past 5 years has been mostly tubeless street motorcycle tires which when new are not squeezed flat like automotive tires. The unmounted beads are nearly in the place they need to be on the rim. That they naturally make contact with the rim seat forming a good enough air seal that inflating through the valve stem and valve core is good enough to pop the beads into their final place.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,478  
I haven't noticed the .5 rims being significantly different from automotive tubeless rims. What I did notice back in 1978 was how truck tubeless rims were .5 inch so as to keep monkeys from mounting tube type tires on tubeless rims and vice versa.

Yup! I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat if I was doing many tires which needed one. Much safer than butane, gasoline, or propane and a match.
Where's ya sense of adventure?!?!?! LOL

😛 :LOL:

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,479  
Years ago I welded a 1/4 turn 11/2 valve on a propane tank for a young guy that was working with me to use as a "potato gun'. Worked prey slick, would lob a potato through 1/4" plywood. When he went off to school it ended up at the town highway barn and was used as a bead blaster for years, saw it in the scrap metal dumpster when the department of labor was coming for a visit !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,480  
While absent from my property my rear backhoe tire leaked down and broke the bead. I took it off using the tractor forks and brought it 100+ miles back home. Local family farm store, that for many years had the best tire shop in town, put a bead blaster on it easy peasy. It was gonna be no charge until one of the guys thought to check the valves stem. The rubber washer against the rim had degraded and was leaking. It was maybe $6 for the valve stem. On and older letsdig video the tire shop guy used what he called tire soap.
link should take you but if not starts around 14:09