My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,171  
It may be too late for this, but put blue masking tape on top of that painted alum trim before you grout or you risk scratching it all to h-e-double hockey sticks... It also pays to use blue tape anywhere the tile ends to protect the wall and make clean up a lot easier. Plus it helps make a nice, straight even edge. Like the top edge in your case.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,172  
It may be too late for this, but put blue masking tape on top of that painted alum trim before you grout or you risk scratching it all to h-e-double hockey sticks... It also pays to use blue tape anywhere the tile ends to protect the wall and make clean up a lot easier. Plus it helps make a nice, straight even edge. Like the top edge in your case.

Good tip, thanks. I will be grouting that area of the wall later today

#4,173  
I didn't feel the grout magic today so I worked on installing electrical outlets. I discovered the first outlet that is still behind drywall. I didn't think that was actually possible, but they managed it. Iwill pull my photos from the time that we put those in and maybe watch a video or two to make sure I know where it is and then I will go digging. Startin to hook up some lights also. Nice to be able to walk in a room and just turn on a light.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,174  
For a brief time I did commercial electric installs in Florida on slab. We would mark a spot on the floor where the outlets and switches were. There was always on or two they covered up.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,175  
Don't the outlet boxes stick out 1/2" from the stud (or in your case, the OSB surface) to protrude through to the surface of the sheetrock? If so, how in the heck could they cover them without bowing out the sheetrock?? If not, doesn't that create a problem mounting the switch or outlet to the box?

#4,176  
Don't the outlet boxes stick out 1/2" from the stud (or in your case, the OSB surface) to protrude through to the surface of the sheetrock? If so, how in the heck could they cover them without bowing out the sheetrock?? If not, doesn't that create a problem mounting the switch or outlet to the box?

This wall had no osb. I’m gonna put a level on that wall to see how bowed out it is. Even with the osb walls they all stick out about 1/4 inch. I have had a couple that require me to use longer screws. Either I goofed when mounting the box or some of the studs were bowedI’ll be measuring out the area I need to drill thru. This might make an interesting video.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,177  
Can you drill small hole through backside of wall behind blue box to verify before cuttin drywall in wall of the room? Meaning can you get access in hallway to see back of box? Also my stud finder identifies electrical wire. But I haven't used that way and not sure how accurate they are. Just thoughts. Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,178  
You can also poke at it with a needle or ice pick.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,180