My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,151  
Ours is power driven can be opened from house with opener

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,152  
If you have a gate you also need something like this. Program a code into the opener with a expiration date and not worry about it. For regular deliveries etc give the driver a code. Give family member a code. Etc.

Robot or human?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,153  
If you have a gate you also need something like this. Program a code into the opener with a expiration date and not worry about it. For regular deliveries etc give the driver a code. Give family member a code. Etc.

Robot or human?
1675874337233.png

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,154  
That's why our gate is manual. We try to open when we know guests and deliveries are coming, sometimes they have to open. UPS and mail won't open but FEDEX and propane will. Fire dept is the other reason ours is manual. Jon
Our electric gate serves 20 parcels with 10 full time residents. The fire department dispatch center has been given their unique code and that is included with he dispatch information sent to the responding units. The same goes for the sheriff.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,155  
Our electric gate serves 20 parcels with 10 full time residents. The fire department dispatch center has been given their unique code and that is included with he dispatch information sent to the responding units. The same goes for the sheriff.
I hope you measured the Fire Truck(s) before building the gate. A Fire Truck got caught in a pillared gateway because the gateway pillars were set narrow than the fire truck. The gate open the truck lurched forwards and was stuck, could not go forwards or backwards. The house they were responding to burned down because no one else could get in until they called a wrecker and pulled the fire truck backwards out of the gate way. Don't ask about the flack over that fiasco.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,156  
I ordered a Ghost Controls opener. They have a "heavy duty" kit that has a solar panel, but I upsized a bit and went with a stronger arm.and added the solar components on. I bought 4 key fobs ..probably didn't need to go heavier but want to have the option to change the gate later on. This is the same old tubular farm gate that was here when I bought the place. I've painted it twice. It's still holding up. also ordered a 100 AH deep cycle battery and battery box. I can add a key pad later. if the house is on fire, I don't care if the fire department drives right thru it, or smashes the control arm wit an axe. But the truth is that I am 30 minutes from fire dept. if they knew how to get here. I won't hold my breath. I can drive my excavator thru the gate area...I think it is 12 feet. I don't imagine they have a wider truck than that.
There was a lot of discussion about trespassers and the futility of a gate, in the gate threads. A shut gate can let folks know that it's off limits, especially with the signs I have that say Private road, and No trespassing. If you choose to disregard my signs, and defeat my gate, you have made your choice. God Speed.
if I wish to leave the gate open for an event, or expected delivery or service call, this gate has a feature for that.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,157  
Author Michael Perry (Population 485) told a pretty good story about keeping trespassers or curiosity seekers out. He didn't want to do a gate or a fence and he didn't want to get too hostile with signs. He decided to take an old piece of barn wood and paint a sign in blood red paint. He thought if he misspelled the word private, it would convey a disturbing tone - do I really want to go there? Something like this!

1675923002985.png

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,158  
I put some of these up on our hunting land.

1675923460184.png

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,159  
I like this one.

Attachments

• 97949e53bec4ccac4006a56c6dfc160dcedab5acf504bc2de7b6e570c033fc19_1.jpg
    97949e53bec4ccac4006a56c6dfc160dcedab5acf504bc2de7b6e570c033fc19_1.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 68
   / My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,160  
I don’t want to post anything incendiary. My neighbors who share the private road have a bunch of very obvious private road signs along the way. So, by the time you reach my gate, you’ve seen several signs that announce it is a private road. I have been fortunate and not had a lot of issues with theft or vandalism. We have had some trespassers early on and there is always someone who wanders thru each hunting season. The gate, the cameras and security system and locked doors are all part of a system but a hardcore thief is always gonna be a hardcore thief. I’m keeping the old farm gate because it does just fine and doesn’t scream out come see what I have to steal. The big difference is an auto opener vs a chain and lock.