My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,371  
Since the Inspector missed that there are no nail plates on the other side of that wall, how are your going to prevent the drywallers from doing what you did?
I also noticed lack of ceiling blocking. I feel for you. So many, many little things to remember, and just as many you don't know because it's not your trade.
I would have your drywall contractor come and do a walk through before he comes out with a crew, and mention the lack of nail plates.
Good luck. I've enjoyed the ride down memory lane from when my Wife and I built our home the same way.
Unfortunately, all of our hard work went up in a ball of fire during a forest fire 4 years ago.
Patrick

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,372  
Uh, seems to me if you nailed a PEX line then new PEX though the same hole will be rubbing against that nail until it too eventually fails.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,373  
Uh, seems to me if you nailed a PEX line then new PEX though the same hole will be rubbing against that nail until it too eventually fails.
If you watched the video you'll see that he pulls the line out downward. I assume by that fact he must have already pulled the offending nail out.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,374  
If you watched the video you'll see that he pulls the line out downward. I assume by that fact he must have already pulled the offending nail out.
Yes, I saw that. Saw puncture on one PEX pipe wall. PEX could be pulled out and nail remaining if nail only punctured one side. Wasn’t clear how he knew the PEX had been nailed.

Have a phobia about this as over the decades idiots laid water mains in this community with apparently no regard as to burying with rocks. Water main vibrates. Rock wears a hole through the plastic pipe. Neighbor’s driveway gets dug up.

Fortunately it has always been on the utility side and not the customer. In past 30 years every home has had front lawn dug up at least once to repair the water mains.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,375  
Since the Inspector missed that there are no nail plates on the other side of that wall, how are your going to prevent the drywallers from doing what you did?
I also noticed lack of ceiling blocking. I feel for you. So many, many little things to remember, and just as many you don't know because it's not your trade.
I would have your drywall contractor come and do a walk through before he comes out with a crew, and mention the lack of nail plates.
Good luck. I've enjoyed the ride down memory lane from when my Wife and I built our home the same way.
Unfortunately, all of our hard work went up in a ball of fire during a forest fire 4 years ago.
Patrick

Sorry to hear about the fire. That must have been soul wrenching. I am putting metal plates on the osb to help prevent the nails. Still have to do the nailers. So many things that need to be done.

#3,376  
I walked the other aide and checked everything after we put the osb up. I found the nail and pulled it out and cursed myself for not putti g plates on before the osb.
I took two weeks off starting yesterday. Yesterday I worked 5 1/2 hours. 2 in the morning then 3.5 last night. Went to bed at 1:30 and got up today and worked a full day because my job simply won’t stop calling and emailing me about issues. I am in IT and got some additional responsibilities dumped on me 2 months ago when someone else left. It sours my mood and makes me even more anxious about the house. Wife and I went for a hike after work today and tomorrow I am going to the build and not taking my work phone. Vacation has become more stressful than just being at work.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,377  
Concur with 34Willys on the drywall walkthrough a few days before, and also pressure test your plumbing before and after drywall goes up.

Just in case, leave the connections sealed/under pressure, so if by chance you do get a puncture you can catch or isolate it fast.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,378  
Thanks.
Your build videos take me back and put a smile on my face along with a tear in my eye.
I think the first one of yours I saw you were putting on the roof panels. I'd never seen SIP before, but what drew me in to keep watching was an instrumental of 'Angeline the Baker' playing in the back ground.
Patrick

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,379  
Seems like only yesterday you was cutting in your road.

#3,380  
Buckeye, sometimes it seems like the time has flown by and sometimes it seems like we have been at this forever.

I posted a video this morning. No building, just some basic farm/homestead chores.