My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,231  
Dropped a new video this morning. Getting the water connected and turned on at the house. It is amazingly convenient. Spray season is starting and being able to just turn the hydrant on and fill the sprayer is a pretty big deal. The water is clean and the sprayer will last much longer. With the cost of commercial sprayers, that is huge.

#3,232  
My daughter was here this morning to do some shooting with me so I had her help her mom with the thumbnail.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,233  
Good video

#3,234  
Many of the different parts of this house build are somewhat overlapping. You cant overstate the value of good planning and coordination

I will be needing to dig again from the house to an area where we want to put the propane tank. I have never set up a tank before so I am going to call the local propane place that I have dealt wih in the past. Find out what kind of base or foundation is needed for it. I have seen them tucked away into a small stand of trees around here when people don’t want it right next to the house. I will probably rent the tank. I had planned to buy but prices have gone up and availability is down. Of course, the rental price will be higher also.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,235  
Great job on getting the well pump installed and water flowing !! We rent our propane tank here. $60 a year and they are responsible for any repairs and upkeep. The tank has to be 16 ft from any structure. Ours just sets on a concrete footer for each of the 4 tank supports. Some people bury their tank to hide from view.

#3,236  
Great job on getting the well pump installed and water flowing !! We rent our propane tank here. $60 a year and they are responsible for any repairs and upkeep. The tank has to be 16 ft from any structure. Ours just sets on a concrete footer for each of the 4 tank supports. Some people bury their tank to hide from view.

How often do they raise the rent on your tank?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,237  
Just skimmed through the entire thread. 🤠

Good job and an accomplishment you will always be proud of.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,238  
How often do they raise the rent on your tank?
It has been this rate for the 8 years we have had it. Our propane currently is 2.89 a gallon ! They installed and set the tank up then also hook up the supply line from the tank to the kitchen appliances. I now run my own supply lines for different things i need to run on propane.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,239  
You might want to ask around about propane prices. If you rent the tank it is my experience you then have to buy your propane from the company you rent the tank from. If you buy the tank you can have anyone fill it therefore saving money per gallon. I just refilled my tank at $4.06/gal, I am not able to shop around. I pay less for unleaded! The fortunate thing is I heat primarily with wood from my property so the propane I use is fairly minimal compared to neighbors who use only propane.

#3,240  
Just skimmed through the entire thread.

Good job and an accomplishment you will always be proud of.

Thank you. It has been a learning adventure.