My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#1,971  
What are you doing with the cement footing to cover it? If your going to parge it then I would Hilti nail a 2x4 at the right elevation to hold your Hardie panels up. Once they are nailed on you can just pull the 2x4 off and move it over for the next panels.

The cinderblocks? We will just clean it and maybe paint it again once the roof and gutters are on. We plan to put a bed of quarts there to keep clay from splashing up. It already has two coats of elastomeric pain that goes down several feet. Below the surface.

#1,972  
I see you explained it, but I would have started in the middle, but that’s just me wanting things symmetrical.
Looking good.

Yeah. While editing, I saw how I could have made that happen. Next time.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #1,973  
I see you explained it, but I would have started in the middle, but that’s just me wanting things symmetrical.
Looking good.
When my builders did my metal sided shop building they started in the middle. I asked why. They said what you just said. Wanted the ribs to be the same distance from the corner at each end. That's quality work!!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #1,974  
I skimmed through the video of you putting up your siding and noticed that you use your level a lot. If your walls are straight and plumb, there isn't any reason to spend time using the level. Just line it up with the outside edge, nail it in place and move on to the next. Your batons will have to be done with a level, but not these sheets.

#1,975  
I skimmed through the video of you putting up your siding and noticed that you use your level a lot. If your walls are straight and plumb, there isn't any reason to spend time using the level. Just line it up with the outside edge, nail it in place and move on to the next. Your batons will have to be done with a level, but not these sheets.

I guess that should have been obvious to me. Well it will make it easier from here out. I chalked a line on the foundation to set the bottom level with that should be enough.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #1,976  
When my builders did my metal sided shop building they started in the middle. I asked why. They said what you just said. Wanted the ribs to be the same distance from the corner at each end. That's quality work!!!

I designed my barn so the metal would come out even on the sides. 3 ft siding, 3 ft increments.

I’m intrigued by the hardy. I have only seen the lap siding, house across from me has it. Maybe someday.

I’m anxious to see how the batons will look.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #1,977  
I designed my barn so the metal would come out even on the sides. 3 ft siding, 3 ft increments.

I’m intrigued by the hardy. I have only seen the lap siding, house across from me has it. Maybe someday.

I’m anxious to see how the batons will look.
Built my house as a board and batten hardie. Looks just like all the other wood ones on the road.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #1,979  
How will you do the front area taller than a panel?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #1,980  
How will you do the front area taller than a panel?

That's where Jefanna will take charge of the operation and get it done!

That part gets tricky because the upper sheet sits on a z-flashing. I might suggest building a work platform for the tractor front loader. It would sure be tough to do from ladders.