My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,711  
Great photo Woodchuck dad. Thanks for sharing your stories.

I'm most happy that your daughter is much better, and I pray she continues to get even better.

Hope 2024 is another great year for y'all.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,712  
Yes, it's been great to follow along on your epic journey!
Now that you've lived in your creation for a bit anything that you wished you did differently?
My dad said he thought he would have to build three houses before he got everything right, sadly he passed at 51 after only building one.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,713  
Now that you've lived in your creation for a bit anything that you wished you did differently?
My dad said he thought he would have to build three houses before he got everything right, sadly he passed at 51 after only building one.

Sorry to hear that. 51 is young. I didn’t always think it was. I am hoping I don’t have to build another house. I’m still not done with this one.
We burned debris today. The new dog is a bit more comfortable than she needs to be.
IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

#4,714  

I think there is a lot of stuff I’d do different. I didn’t put a bright enough light over the kitchen sink.
I meant to, but never got around to sound proofing the wall between main room/kitchen and my bedroom.
I probably wouldnt put the pex tubing in the floor for heat. I have not used it yet but it has also been a warm December.— I do get complaints from Lauren about being cold. She keeps turning the fan off on her mini split. I also put it higher than I should have, because she has high ceiling. It still should have been about 8 feet.
The dryer is loud. I would have tried to put the laundry on an exterior wall, farther away from the living room. I’m sure there will be more

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,715  
Better to have the PEX in the floor, pretty tough to add it later! Doesn't sound like any deal breakers at least !

#4,717  
No deal breakers. We love it here. More and more. Our most expensive electric bill so far was 184 in August. Winter bills have been low. I topped off the Propane tank after 6 months and that was just under $467 for hot water and cooking.
The place is really comfortable and the land is slowly taking shape.
Adding animals was probably the best thing we could have done. It’s a lot of work but a tremendous amount of enjoyment. We might start fencing the front field this spring to bring in some more.

#4,718  
Hope everyone had a good week and a happy new year. Looking forward to g forward to good things around here. Been working on my old shed and Jefanna’s been getting things ready for her new garden next year. Dropped a little video today with some random chores from November. 2024 has a honey-do list for me that’s a mile long.

#4,719  
Hope everyone had a good week and a happy new year. Looking forward to g forward to good things around here. Been working on my old shed and Jefanna’s been getting things ready for her new garden next year. Dropped a little video today with some random chores from November. 2024 has a honey-do list for me that’s a mile long.

For got the video link.

LIttle bitta nothin'.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,720  
Happy New year!!!