My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,261  
Ah, thanks

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,262  
I have not put out a video in 2 weeks. Simply have not had time to edit. Been on a ladder for two days working on the electric in the main room and trying to get the media wall tied in. Put the smoke in the main room yesterday put the gas line in the boiler yesterday. Had to jump thru some hoops with my local propane company to get some propane delivered. Produce proof of ownership of the propane tank. Had to dig that receipt up. I do so much online that sometimes I forget to print them out. Wife and daughter have been packing up the rental. I woke up the other morning and realized there were no curtains in the house. At all. Lauren has painted all the doors and a bunch of trim. It wipes her out. She has been crushing school. Online University studying IT and she loves it. But by the end of the day she is wrecked. Her weight gain has slowed down quite a bit. She is still at least 20 lbs under where she wants to be and probably 30 under where I would like to see her. She is walking every day and doing a light calisthenics workout with Jefanna in the mornings.
I tied the propane tank into the house. Both 1st and 2nd stage regulators. The boiler is plumbed up but I ordered a high temp spin down filter and I am going to cut and alter the plumbing just a bit to tie that and a double ball valve/ drain line into it. I plan to fill the lines with water this week and as soon as I have the water in and propane in, I will be firing it up for a test. If that all works out, I will schedule the inspection for next week. And try to get moved by end of the month. Ambitious but the clock is ticking. Oh, yeah. And it’s tax season. So there’s that.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,263  
IMG_0226.jpg

Here’s a sneak peak of the vanity. Cold water works.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,264  
Who needs curtains? You are in the middle of nowhere... Now maybe some blinds for light control in the Bedrooms might be needed but those can be pretty cheap and easy if you just need "something" up there to make it livable. Those rollup vinyl shades are dirt cheap and very effective at blocking light. Then later on you can do something nicer.

Good to hear you are finally close to move-in. That has to be a great feeling...juxtaposed with the feeling of panic of finishing everything up to get there! Good luck!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,265  
If the inside of the windows are not finished with drywall or wood, tack up some old heets on the windows where privacy is needed. Like dstig1 said, no one is near you to look in the windows. We are in the middle of 80 acres and the only reason the bedroom has shades is to reduce in heat gain in the summer. Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,267  
I just put up some curtains in our living room finally.... after 7.5 years of building our house in the woods. Not necessary, but they look nice (happy wife, happy whatever).

We did get bedroom curtains up sooner. Not a fan of the sunshine waking us up before 6am in the summer time.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,268  
We live in the Cherokee National Forest with no neighbors close by to worry about someone looking in ! We have a few mini blinds on windows to block the sun shinning in after 3pm.

Glad to hear Lauren is progressing and adjusting to what she can and cannot do.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,269  
Good news on Lauren.

Not a single curtain or blind in our house.

One of Terry's city friends did an overnighter last Fall. It freaked her out. :)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,270  
Our house has window covering in bedrooms upstairs and kitchen on one side otherwise nothing bears get a free show as well as deer

Last edited: