My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,021  
Maybe a dumb question since I haven't done all that much plumbing in my life, but: does it really matter that much?

If you drop a drain collector fitting into the sawn off pipe you have, won't it be able to rock/wobble around a little bit? Just glue it into place by correcting as much angle as you can, and proceed how you planned? It's not like a shower drain into a slab/sub-base is all that critical for very minor leaking. You have a trap under all your slab prep, right?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,022  
Were you planning on bringing the floor level up to accommodate the Schluter drain fitting? It requires something of a recess in the drain pan, 2-3” if my memory serves. How close to the top of the concrete is the pex pipe for the hydronic system? It looks like the pipe is wrapped in foam where it comes through the concrete, that should provide some room to correct the out of plumb issue. I think the problem is fixable without building up the floor 8” or anything close to that. I’ll come and look at it if you like, maybe not such a big issue, pro bono of course.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,023  
Gary that is very kind and I would definitely like that. As for how far down the slab is it, that depends on how far that 7 guage wire mesh settled back down. I know I could probably get down an inch or two without hitting anything. I also have been looking at FloFX drain which is about an inch or two shorter than the schluter.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,024  
Maybe there is enough flex / give between all of the elements to make this work. (a little dremel action?)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,025  
I’m curious how this all is done. In my next house I want walk in, no step shower. I don’t know how the drain will get done

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,026  
I’m curious how this all is done. In my next house I want walk in, no step shower. I don’t know how the drain will get done
We are on a slab. Walk in showers. No doors or steps. Required accuracy when buryin the plumbing prior to concrete. 1/2" drop at the drain then slope the slab toward it. Large shower is 4x7. Small shower is 4x5. Best showers we've ever had.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,027  
Richard, when you watch that FlowFX Video, do you think there is enough "give" to connect to his PVC that is 6 degrees off plumb?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,028  
Our flush shower floor is on an OSB joist system. It started sunken about 2" on the floor trusses. Then the tail man laid the rubber floor mat down. Then the concrete hand mix was placed with the doorway at the finished floor outside the shower and sloped down to the drain. Similar to ovrzsd's slab install. If the drain gets covered, it will quickly flow out the door. Tile man knows of one such redo of the flooring outside of his customer's. Kid left wash cloth over the drain. Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,029  
Richard, when you watch that FlowFX Video, do you think there is enough "give" to connect to his PVC that is 6 degrees off plumb?
Does it even have to connect perfectly? Cut it off flush and hog the pvc out with a die grinder till the drain fits and thoroughly glue it in.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,030  
In the video it looked like the FlowX fit over the outside of the pipe. I’d be afraid of not getting a good glue joint if the flange or pipe was routed out some.