My First Deer of the 2016 Season

/ My First Deer of the 2016 Season #1  

BoylermanCT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Montana R2844, New Holland TC29D, Hustler X-One
Was driving in rural Massachusetts Thursday night, taking my niece home from a horse show, and a deer plowed into the side of my Chevy Malibu. Both passenger doors were crumpled. Was going about 30-35, and the deer turned 90 degrees at the last second, and broadsided my car. Did $3600 in damage, need 2 new doors plus both front and rear quarter panels need repair. No one was injured, including the deer. I turned around to see if the deer had been injured, and all we saw was a herd of 10+ deer a little ways into the woods. I am guessing he will be sore, but walked away.

_DSC8707.JPG

/ My First Deer of the 2016 Season #2  
Did he have insurance?

/ My First Deer of the 2016 Season #3  
Deer just don't understand who has the "right of way". Glad no one was hurt.

/ My First Deer of the 2016 Season #4  
I hear ya..

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 81
   / My First Deer of the 2016 Season #5  
Roommate in College was late getting back into town. He said he slowed down to 74mph before he hit his deer with his new Ford truck. He said the deer exploded! Reason he was so late was the truck was overheating so every few miles he stopped to let it cool down and to try and pick more deer parts out of his radiator!!

/ My First Deer of the 2016 Season
I hear ya..

Sorry about your new truck. Major bummer! My car was 2 1/2 years old, 55K, so the new car smell was long gone!

/ My First Deer of the 2016 Season #7  
The deer rut is on so expect more of the same.

/ My First Deer of the 2016 Season #8  
Be glad it didn'tdurango4.jpg' come through the windshield. I hear that really sucks.

Deerhunting295.jpg

Deer.jpg