My father's memories...

/ My father's memories... #1  

Turbys_1700

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland t4.75
Friday my father was laid to rest after 86 wonderful years here on this Earth. Dad was a tractor salesman for over 25 years working at Rhodes Corriiher Implement in Lincolnton. He sold Allis Chalmers tractors, Gleaner combines, and other short line implements. After work he farmed making hay in addition to growing soybeans and wheat. I was fortunate to be able to help with the various tasks involved in running the operation.

In addition to working on the farm Pop loved running his bulldozer and loader. My mother found this photo of a stump he dug out with his D4D. It was taken in 1992. He would have been 62 at the time. I wanted to share this photo with anyone interested.

1497747370065.jpg

/ My father's memories... #2  
I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Just curious. Was the Corriher of Rhodes Corriher related to Ted Corriher of Everything Attachments in Newton?

Steve

/ My father's memories... #3  
Thoughts an prayers with you. My dad had been gone for just over a year. The burn will get better, but it will never go away.

/ My father's memories... #4  
That's a great picture! Cherish those memories. :thumbsup:

Sorry for your loss. I lost my pops back in '95. All I have now are great memories. It gets better with time. Hang in there. :)

/ My father's memories...
I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Just curious. Was the Corriher of Rhodes Corriher related to Ted Corriher of Everything Attachments in Newton?

Steve
Yes. Ted is his nephew. He was named after his uncle whom my father worked for.

/ My father's memories... #6  
Yes. Ted is his nephew. He was named after his uncle whom my father worked for.
'
Tractor sales must run in the Corriher family. Correct me if I m wrong, but didn't Ted's father (and later Ted) run the Ford/New Holland dealership in Newton and doesn't Ted's brother run Corriher Tractor (Kubota) in Lenoir?

Steve

/ My father's memories... #7  
I know your pain. I lost my DDay vet Dad about a year ago at age 90, and my wife of 48 years a few months ago. It hurts a lot, but every day it's a little less. You'll never get over it completely, but it becomes bearable with time.

My best to you.

/ My father's memories... #8  
Your Dad's smile shows his pride of accomplishment and persistence.

Photos are our rear view mirror. I hope our digital age doesn't alter that too much.

/ My father's memories...
'
Tractor sales must run in the Corriher family. Correct me if I m wrong, but didn't Ted's father (and later Ted) run the Ford/New Holland dealership in Newton and doesn't Ted's brother run Corriher Tractor (Kubota) in Lenoir?

Steve

Yes Steve. Charles and Uncle Ted were brothers. Little Ted is Charles son of everything Attachments. Teds brother runs the dealership in Lenoir. My dad worked in Lincolnton They had the Allis Chalmers dealership while Charles sold Ford. Both dealerships sold New Holland hay equipment. There's a nice write up on Everything Attachments about the history. My father was running a service station and had a small dairy back in the 50's. He went to work for Ted's grandfather in 59 and was a salesman for them until 83. Mr. Corriher took Pop under his wings and taught him the business. My dad and family thinks very highly of the Corriher family.

/ My father's memories... #10  
Thanks for sharing. Your dad must have been a happy guy, grinning like a kid, sitting on that dozer. My condolences, sad to have lost him so close to Father's Day.

We lost my mother in law in a car wreck nearly 4 years ago, life is never the same with that huge hole that never fills back in... savor every moment.

My dad is dealing with cancer, for the second time, I'm glad he and my mother were able to come to our cookout yesterday. Bittersweet now, hearing you lost your dad shortly before... so sorry for your loss.