my dream backyard

/ my dream backyard #1  

pudding

Bronze Member
sorry, not what a small block farmer would need, if i ever get a big chunk of dirt with my name on it i intend on farming a few of these prairie monstors..........about 10 per acre :) if possible

either that or i start a machinery dealership like this one in South Dakota

laters

pudding

Attachments

• 35-220544-my_dream_backyard.jpg
    35-220544-my_dream_backyard.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 281
   / my dream backyard
maybe a couple of combine harvestors too

Attachments

• 35-220546-180combines.jpg
    35-220546-180combines.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 163
   / my dream backyard #3  
Just be careful that you don't plant them to deep or water them to much.

/ my dream backyard #4  
When I worked for an International dealership I pulled the lowboy. There was a couple of those 875 Versatiles we serviced and they were a treat to haul. I would pull the lowboy out on the road to get room to manuever. I would set the side boards out and tilt the bed. The side boards gave you an extra foot of room on either side of the trailer. Then I would drive the tractor up the road about 100 yards to get to a convenient place to turn around. I could have backed out of the lot around the rig but it was more fun running up the road. Then I had to line the tractor up perfectly on the way back to load it because the trailer disappeared when you were 30 feet away. You were operating on pure faith after that until you felt the deck start it's trip down. They were easier to load than a combine, though.

/ my dream backyard #5  
Whew..thats <font color=red>Power Ball<font color=red><font color=black> equipment. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ my dream backyard
Re: heres one of our lowboys

hey sounz like you know all about roading kit this large

we run equipment on the road between our 6 farms........just drive most of it........we have bridges we can't go under and we are good road hogs......the jd 9400 we have with 47ft disc fold to 16ft on the road.........thats just wide enough

we also have 3 lowboys for hauling, we have discovered when hauling on trailers there are bridges we cannot go under!

we have a purpose built combine trailer and will haul combines (we farm with 5 2388 axial flows)

the farm i work on is documented in my website

www.puddingsworld.com

heres a pic of our tiling machine stuck on a lowboy on a levie on our farm.......we had to push it with out JD backhoe to free it ;)

Attachments

• 35-220938-Tilingmachinepushedout_1.JPG
    35-220938-Tilingmachinepushedout_1.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 126
   / my dream backyard #7  

Was the backhoe close by or did someone have to walk 5 miles to get help? I sure wish they had cell phones back in the days I was doing that! :)

/ my dream backyard #8  

You have a very interesting site ...
Leo