My dealings with Yanmar to date.

/ My dealings with Yanmar to date. #1  

BuilderML

Gold Member
Tractor
CCY SX3100
I just wanted to share my experience with my dealings with Yanmar to date along with my dealer. I purchased my unit from an individual not a dealer. The unit had just about 1 hour on it when purchased. To make sure it was covered under warranty i sent Yanmar an email asking them what i needed to do. They wanted me to supply them with the make, model, and serial number of the tractor and attachments along with my info and purchase date. So i did such. I also asked Yanmar if seeing how i did not purchase my unit from a dealer if i would still get the first 50 hours service for free. They replied back asking me which dealer i would like to work with. I sent them the information about the dealer. Yanmar replied back telling me i was all set that Yanmar has sent my information over to my dealer. They told me all i needed to do was contact my dealer once i reached the 50 hour mark. So the 50 hour mark came around and i contacted my dealer. I did not want to haul in the tractor to the dealer as i do not have a trailer. So i asked my dealer if i could pick up the parts for the 50 hours service and perform the service myself. The dealer had to check and quickly called me back. Here is the good part, The dealer called me back and told me they would drop off the parts at my house. I think it was the next day or 2 days later and here i am working in my garage and the dealer pulls up with my oils and filters. So i tip the driver 20 bucks, heck i would of spent that in fuel going to get the parts myself. Now keep in mind i did not even buy my tractor from this dealer nor has he ever seen me in his store. I will tell you that this is what i call 1st class service from both Yanmar and my dealer which i think you would be hard pressed to find any better service from any other dealer or maker of tractors. :thumbsup:\

/ My dealings with Yanmar to date. #3  
I'm really looking forward to watching Yanmar grow. They make a very high quality product and seem serious about standing behind it. I hope they come out with some larger cut and ag utility tractors in the future...I think they would do well.

/ My dealings with Yanmar to date. #4  
That's great, I had similar dealing in which I was able to pick up the fluids and filters and do the 50 hr change myself. Sounds like this dealer went above and beyond and it was nice of you to tip them for the trouble.

Note, the tractor owner should have a certificate explaining the warranty that's signed by the owner and the representing dealer. I think you should inquire about getting the same certificate if you don't have it already, it's good insurance.

/ My dealings with Yanmar to date. #6  
Glad to hear it!

Frank

/ My dealings with Yanmar to date. #7  
Good to hear someone going above and beyond. The $20 will keep them wanting to deliver to you. My Kub dealer will pick up drop off for $50 each way. It costs me more than that to take off form work and drive it up there.

/ My dealings with Yanmar to date. #8  
Good for Yanmar and good for your dealer. They have went above and beyond. This builds loyalty.