my Chain Bar Storage

/ my Chain Bar Storage #1  

moored4

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N
I use a lot of chains and shackles. I wanted a place to keep them on my new bota L3540 that would be handy. So I made me a chain bar and attached it to the ROPs using existing bolts. :)

Got question! Ask and all comments are welcome! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Chain storage 03.jpg
    Chain storage 03.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 686
  • Chain storage 01.jpg
    Chain storage 01.jpg
    895.5 KB · Views: 854
  • Chain storage 02.jpg
    Chain storage 02.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,273
   / my Chain Bar Storage
When I got my new tractor I started moving things over from my old L245. All of my old chains had flat spots in the links from being dragged around. :( Some of the links were sprung. I was ashamed :eek: and embarrassed :eek: cause where I worked I was the cable and sling inspector. That old stuff, I would have cut up without blinking an eye and there I was still using it at home!

I got all new chains and shackles for the bigger loads I'll be able to lift! :)

/ my Chain Bar Storage #4  
Moore do you do you inspections for that big bird factory in Everett or Renton then?

/ my Chain Bar Storage #6  
Really nice idea. I have been tormented by not having a place handy to store 2 or 3 lengths of chain. Does it sound like sleighbells when you go down the road?
-Jim

/ my Chain Bar Storage
Really nice idea. I have been tormented by not having a place handy to store 2 or 3 lengths of chain. Does it sound like sleighbells when you go down the road?
-Jim

When I lived in Texas I managed the cattle herd for a 'pe farm' (prisoner enforcement farm) I think thats what it stood for. the Texas prison system is pretty much self sufficient they raise all their on beef, vegetables, ect. Most of the men I worked were drunks and transients but I would go back in for lunch and they had some work details that had the chains. Mine on my tractor reminds me of that. It is kind of a soft rhythmic rattling.

I have never had one come off or loose but I guess if you rolled your tractor then they might, but I do not think that would be your biggest problem then. Just make sure they do not hang down long enough to get near your PTO.

/ my Chain Bar Storage #8  
   / my Chain Bar Storage
Q=How do those red grab link things work with the 5/16 chain?
A= they work well, grab tight with no problems.

'Baby Grand' is the TBN member that put me on to them.:thumbsup:
They allow me to hang a load from FEL low to the ground to keep tipping under control. They also allows me to adjust the chain length when towing/dragging something behind my tractor! :D

/ my Chain Bar Storage #10  
That notched bar is a great idea! I've been looking at ways to store chains on my CCY SX3100, but unfortunately, its compact design doesn't allow for much in the way of attachment points. So that bar is an intriguing idea. If I may suggest, however, some kind of box or sleeve attached to the bar to keep the chains from swinging every which way as you go over rough terrain. I'm thinking of getting some sections of square steel tube to bolt up to the back of the lower half of the ROPS, and hanging the chains from the cross-bolts in the ROPS down into the tube to keep them from swinging around. I'd like to keep the paint intact on my tractor and to keep the chains from getting into places where gnarly noises might ensue :D