My 275 Case just stops moving

/ My 275 Case just stops moving #11  
Hi All I have the Mitsubishi MT300D which is the same tractor. the problem that is described here is not related to the main clutch but rather the mis-named PTO clutch which is on the live pto models, this is in the torque tube between the main and range transmission, its a hydraulically operated multi-plate clutch which disconnets the main trans from the range trans (the pto shaft runs through the center of the hollow transmission shaft) these are either hand controlled (rare) or foot controlled making your clutch pedal TWO STAGE first stage engages main trans and PTO and second stage engages the range trans
All that said now your hydraulic fluid goes the the clutch control valve first (priority) before going to the 3 point lift so if a backpressure builds up in the system and the clutch control valve is out of adjustment or seals leaking it will disconnect and you stop only way I could move again was to drop the three point arms all the way down and away we go.
When the system works it works well, but this is the result when not. This information is in the service manual but really well hidden in the transmission section. Im going to split my tractor this year to fix this and will post more as I go along

/ My 275 Case just stops moving #12  
View attachment 622022 I found my clutch had shredded but the fiber was still rotating and making enough friction to move the tractor. I think the brass rivits left in the clutch disk were also indexing into the pressure plate so it would work good then slip out. At times I would have no engagement at all until the tractor was shut off and restarted. I think this just redistributed the loose fibers again. I did have a hard time finding a replacement clutch disk and finally tracked new linings and rivits down in Humboldt Iowa USA

/ My 275 Case just stops moving #13  
It was just the clutch friction plate. Working now and I have a extra on the shelf.

/ My 275 Case just stops moving #14  
Has anyone got to the bottom of this issue? same exact symptoms on my 275

/ My 275 Case just stops moving #15  
Hi All I have the Mitsubishi MT300D which is the same tractor. the problem that is described here is not related to the main clutch but rather the mis-named PTO clutch which is on the live pto models, this is in the torque tube between the main and range transmission, its a hydraulically operated multi-plate clutch which disconnets the main trans from the range trans (the pto shaft runs through the center of the hollow transmission shaft) these are either hand controlled (rare) or foot controlled making your clutch pedal TWO STAGE first stage engages main trans and PTO and second stage engages the range trans
All that said now your hydraulic fluid goes the the clutch control valve first (priority) before going to the 3 point lift so if a backpressure builds up in the system and the clutch control valve is out of adjustment or seals leaking it will disconnect and you stop only way I could move again was to drop the three point arms all the way down and away we go.
When the system works it works well, but this is the result when not. This information is in the service manual but really well hidden in the transmission section. Im going to split my tractor this year to fix this and will post more as I go along
Did you have to replace the hydraulic clutch, or the clutch control valve?