Price Check MX5200

/ MX5200 #1  

coonass39

Tractor
Farmall 140
I'm looking at a 2015 MX5200 with 670hrs. It comes with a sun and rigged for a grapple but only has a buck. The asking price is $21,500. Is this a decent price? Any known issues? I'm concerned about this being the first year oh the tier 4.

/ MX5200 #2  
Not trying to be a wiseguy or anything, but what's a "sun" on a tractor? Sunshade, maybe? And "buck" means bucket maybe? Probably your smartphone's spell checker is interfering with your ability to communicate instead of helping, like mine does.

Is it gear model or HST? 2wd or 4x4? If it's 4x4 HST and has the remotes and hookups for a grapple, that's a decent price, depending on condition. Going by reputation, the MX models are darn good machines and lots of happy owners. Maybe a few will chime in. But welcome to TBN!

/ MX5200 #3  
Agreed with Grandad4, just a few more details would help. If properly maintained, has a 3rd function valve, at least one rear remote, and tires are good, that is a good deal.

/ MX5200 #4  
Hst vs gear and 4wd vs 2wd are highly important factors to leave out when trying to determine value.

/ MX5200
Yea auto spellcheck is getting me. It has a sunshade and bucket. It's a 2014 5200DT 4x4. Not sure what the DT means. The actual hours are 714. I will try to upload some pics. The guy selling it is a broker. He buys used tractors then resells them. He doesn't have any background of machine

/ MX5200 #7  
Considering it's a 5200 maybe it's a good deal? But seems high to me.

I purchased a 350hr mx5100 4wd and hydrostat last year for $20k out the door. The DT means it is 4wd but it's a stick shift. The HST I believe is a $2000 option. The sunshade I do not have though.

If it was a 5100, given that it lacks JUST and had double the hours, I'd say $17k ballpark. So what's being a 5200 vs a 5100 worth?

/ MX5200 #8  
LD1, I've been investigating MX5100 resale values because we're going to sell ours. You did real well on your purchase based on what people are getting in this part of the country. The DT version would likely fetch $20k or more here.

/ MX5200 #9  
I've got a 2015 MX5200DT. 440 hours. New with loader was 28,xxx. Added sunshade this winter for around $550. Has been a good tractor so far. I only wish they offered that line in a hydraulic shuttle.
You need the rear tires loaded if using a loader.

Around here straight tractors with low hrs. are running around 20k.

/ MX5200 #10  
I'm looking at a 2015 MX5200 with 670hrs. It comes with a sun and rigged for a grapple but only has a buck. The asking price is $21,500. Is this a decent price? Any known issues? I'm concerned about this being the first year oh the tier 4.

I own a 2015 mx5200dt, loader. Bought it new. Has 750 hours with no problems. (Once thought I had a hyd issue, but turned out no issue what so ever). Mainly use mine for firewood. I love the thing. Tier 4 dpf, regen has performed fine and been a non issue. I feel the price is at the upper end, but if in good shape and has the extra options mentioned, it would be worth a look. I definitely agree, make sure rear tires are loaded for balance with loader.