MultiMow Intro

/ MultiMow Intro #1  

MultiMow

Gold Member
Tractor
Toro 325-D 4WD
Hey folks! Joined this site for all the helpful advice and hoping to return the favor!

We're new to the forum/blog experience... so I don't quite have this whole thing down yet, with regard to attachments/links/rich text/etc. .

We currently maintain 26 acres of hilly Blue Ridge terrain in southwest Virginia.

Equipment:

-TORO 325D 4WD (model 30795) with Guardian Recycler 72" mulching deck (always looking for new attachments)

-John Deere 2210 4WD with FEL and mid-mount side-discharge mowing deck, 6ft bush hog, and 4ft tiller

/ MultiMow Intro #5  
Welcome! We love to talk hillsides - you must be used to them!

/ MultiMow Intro
Equipment has changed and grown...

We still have the Groundsmaster... and it's for sale... still have the 72" Recycler deck... and have a 72" side discharge and a 60" Flail deck. The flail has blades with less than 20hrs on them. I've yet to see ANYTHING leave a better stripe finish, and still mow 9ft tall overgrown fields.

We also have a Kubota L series 4wd with a 4 way belly blade. It's handy, and powerful enough for anything we do around here... but we're looking to get something hydrostatic and more compact.

We also added a Grasshopper 928D ZTR mower to the line. Cuts great. Cuts fast. Uses A LOT less fuel than our gas rider did. Looking to add a flail deck to it, in a year or so.

/ MultiMow Intro #8  
Equipment has changed and grown...

We still have the Groundsmaster... and it's for sale... still have the 72" Recycler deck... and have a 72" side discharge and a 60" Flail deck. The flail has blades with less than 20hrs on them. I've yet to see ANYTHING leave a better stripe finish, and still mow 9ft tall overgrown fields.

We also have a Kubota L series 4wd with a 4 way belly blade. It's handy, and powerful enough for anything we do around here... but we're looking to get something hydrostatic and more compact.

We also added a Grasshopper 928D ZTR mower to the line. Cuts great. Cuts fast. Uses A LOT less fuel than our gas rider did. Looking to add a flail deck to it, in a year or so.

Those 928s are great mowers but they the dealer still likes them more than I do. I wish he didn't.

/ MultiMow Intro
Those 928s are great mowers but they the dealer still likes them more than I do. I wish he didn't.
I know what you mean. I bought mine used. The deck is useable, but not worthy of a great finish job. The previous owner had a cemetery contract... beat the deck up so bad, he welded the height adjustment. The good news is, I bought it for 1/2 market value. The pumps and motors are oversized in the D2 version, which I'm sure is why they're still operable. The only issue
I have (aside from the deck) is the fuel pump. The Kubota D1501 was designed for gravity feed. The OEM mechanical supply pump is USELESS. It requires manual priming with every start, and won't keep prime on slopes. I'm installing an electric lift pump. I found a deck a few weeks ago for $1,000. It sold before I could snatch it up. I've got some headroom... so I'm not sure if I want to fix it, or sell it and buy 728 (they're a bit lighter).

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

New 10' Work Bench with 15 Drawers & 2 Cabinets (A34302)
New 10' Work Bench...
New Ratchet Binders & Chains 9200lbs (A34302)
New Ratchet...
2007 CHEVY SILVERADO 1500 4X4 CREWCAB PICKUP, S/N 2GCEK13M271501412, V8 GAS ENG, AUTO TRANS, OD (A34808)
2007 CHEVY...
Big Tex Trailer (A33249)
Big Tex Trailer...
John Deere 6120E MFWD Tractor (A33783)
John Deere 6120E...
Sany SY50 MP Hydraulic Thumb (A33113)
Sany SY50 MP...