Muddy or dry?

/ Muddy or dry?
<font color=blue>...My experience with my soil, which I assume is similar to yours, is that even if it is very dry, once you get a layer off it moves easy.</font color=blue>

Actually, I don't really have any experience yet! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Except for the other day in the mud. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Good to know for future reference though.. thanks..

/ Muddy or dry? #22  
wait till its dryer, think u wil find that unless u have an extended period of hot dry weather the ground , is not really that hard, u can still dig and work it.MUD ON THE OTHER IS NOT GOOD.

/ Muddy or dry? #23  
I can't add to the info. about working in the mud, other than with a hand shovel, but I can almost top your temperatures. Last weekend we played golf (53 degrees) and the next day we had sleet and snow and down to the single digits /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif! Once I pull the clubs out, I think the only thing that would stop me from playing more golf is if I had my tractor /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif! Hence the name - Golfgar4!

/ Muddy or dry? #24  
12 degrees here this morning./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I think that's the coldest we've had for this winter.

/ Muddy or dry? #25  
Once again we were in the mid 30's w/sunny start.
Last night at 6:10pm it was still 56F w/ a southern breeze..oooh didn't that feel so good.

/ Muddy or dry? #26  
I'm starting to develop cracks - yesterday, 50 degrees - tonight, forecasting 16. I thought this amount of variation was limited to places like Arizona.

/ Muddy or dry? #27  
+40 degrees F up here in southern ME right now. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

DFB