MT573 CPS ?'s

/ MT573 CPS ?'s #1  

SteelMastiff

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 75
I test drove the MT5 recently, it's a very nice Tractor, and because of this I have added it to my short list of tractors that are in the running for my upcoming purchase. I thought I was familiar with all of the switches and there functions while I was operating tractor, but after looking thru some photos I took, I discovered a couple of switches that for whatever reason I managed to overlook while test driving, and I have no idea what there function is, and it's driving me nuts...

This is the dealerships first MT5, and admittedly they know less about the tractor than I do, so before I put them thru the torture of trying to figure it out, I thought I would ask the community here first if they had any thoughts? The dealer is about an hour away or I would just swing back in and sort it out for myself.

I am kind of hoping it is used to dial in the clutch engagement speed of the power shuttle, I know on the other LS power shuttle tractors there is a two position switch for this function, but the markings on these switches are different. I am wishing for it to function more like the Massey power shuttle, where there are multiple settings available, probably just wishful thinking...

Attachments

• 20181106_043613.jpg
    20181106_043613.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 687
Last edited:
   / MT573 CPS ?'s #2  
Thats gotta be something for the 3point? The Cal/Sel button is Calibrate/Select and plus and minus?

I tried finding the user manual (always a great place to start) but no joy. I am curious about this too. I dont have these switches on my machine, but I am interested in learning more about others!

/ MT573 CPS ?'s #3  
actually, is this the creep function?? This one has me bothered too. I need answers. :)

/ MT573 CPS ?'s #4  
the info on the website is very little, you'd figure they would have an operators manual on there, but nope.. but it does look like the transmission controls area.. I think for the creep function..

/ MT573 CPS ?'s
Thats gotta be something for the 3point? The Cal/Sel button is Calibrate/Select and plus and minus?

I tried finding the user manual (always a great place to start) but no joy. I am curious about this too. I dont have these switches on my machine, but I am interested in learning more about others!

actually, is this the creep function?? This one has me bothered too. I need answers. :)

the info on the website is very little, you'd figure they would have an operators manual on there, but nope.. but it does look like the transmission controls area.. I think for the creep function..

The 3pt speed control is located on the seat mount as with other LS Tractors. It does come equipped with a creeper gear, but again it's located on the floor as with other LS Tractors. It does have speed/cruise control if you will, but this is also like all of the other LS's...

I also tried to locate an operator's manual, and found one, but only dealers can download it, it requires a login ID/password....

/ MT573 CPS ?'s #6  
I don’t see the two position switch for the power shuttle that my 6168 has, so I am thinking you may be correct in thinking it’s for setting the clutch engagement harshness.

/ MT573 CPS ?'s
I don稚 see the two position switch for the power shuttle that my 6168 has, so I am thinking you may be correct in thinking it痴 for setting the clutch engagement harshness.

I just can't think of what else the switches might be used for, I find it strange that all of the other LS tractors where the power shuttle is offered have a the two position clutch engagement switch, so why would they omit it from the MT573, it just doesn't seem logical to me.....

/ MT573 CPS ?'s #8  
Hi, the left switch (Cal) is for re-calibrating the shuttle shift pressures .
the other is to adjust the shuttle take up and also the clutch.
Hope that helps. Its a great tractor and works very well, I bought one and now have 53hrs on it, I find it very good on fuel , with ample power. I traded a 2017 MF 4608m for it.

There does seem to be a lack of knowledge at dealers on this model owing to it being so new, and a lack of a shop manual for it

/ MT573 CPS ?'s
Hi, the left switch (Cal) is for re-calibrating the shuttle shift pressures .
the other is to adjust the shuttle take up and also the clutch.
Hope that helps. Its a great tractor and works very well, I bought one and now have 53hrs on it, I find it very good on fuel , with ample power. I traded a 2017 MF 4608m for it.

There does seem to be a lack of knowledge at dealers on this model owing to it being so new, and a lack of a shop manual for it

fretwear, thank you for taking the time to explain the mystery switches, this is exactly what I was hoping they were for, I really appreciate the info.... If I might pick your brain a little more, are there preset levels of engagement, if so how many, and is the this displayed anywhere on the instrument cluster, or is it strictly just seat of the pants feel?

Also, what are your feelings on the loader, are you pleased with how it performs? Unfortunately when I test drove the MT5 they didn't have a dirt or gravel pile so I could get a feel for it under a load. It felt smooth and fluent with no load, but that can change when loaded up.

I would certainly appreciate any first hand owning and operating opinions you're willing to share, good or bad... As you are the only person that has come forward that actually owns a MT573cps, at least that I've come across, I haven't been able to find any real information on this tractor at all.

/ MT573 CPS ?'s #10  
Yes there are 3 preset levels for both the clutch and the shuttle, it shows on the dash, very easy to do.
The loader is rated around 3600 lbs lift , I purchased a larger bucket for mine , its 19 cubic feet and I have picked up a full bucket of dirt with it with no problems. .
The owners manual tells you how to set the presets and if you ever needed to, also the re cal.

I bushed hog a lot grass and on up hill terain as well and found it worked really well . Tbe cab noise level was good and I could listen to the radio with no problems.
There is a delay when shifting gears when the unit is cold but that goes away quickly as it warms up.
All in all Im very satisfied with the tractor, so much better than the MF