MT357HC 50 hour service

/ MT357HC 50 hour service #11  
I used a small 18v shop vac and that was enough to create the vacuum and no fluid lost.

The small hose holds itself on the filler neck.

/ MT357HC 50 hour service
Check my thread on my 50 hour service. That filter will come loose if you step on the wrench from the outside. Get ready for the fluid gush, so have the new one ready to go immediately.

the HST filter only leaks a few cups of fluid and stops. No major issue there.

I needed the following filters for my MT347HC:
40409065 oil
40007638 large trans oil
LS 40383187 or Donaldson P164381 HST filter

The Donaldson is the factory filter. I paid double for LS to sell it to me, and the box had the big orange Donaldson in it. Make sure your dealer sells you the LS/Donaldson filter for the S-HST units. There are two filter part numbers and the other is not going to fit.

I once tried the Shop Vac (5.5 HP) on my kubota and the vac sucked out a lot of fluid. You might want to watch it as soon as the filter is loose, as it may do the same. I know others did not have this issue.
Thanks. I'm going to use the WIX 51551 for the HST filter unless you guys talk me out of it. And the WIX 51715 (a/k/a 551715) for the hydraulic filter.

Changing the oil filter was a mess. They really have that thing tucked in there. I used the WIX WL7426 (a/k/a SL7426).

My chain wrench has arrived. I'll be tackling the hydro and HST filters tomorrow.

Merry XMAS!

/ MT357HC 50 hour service #13  
Thanks. I'm going to use the WIX 51551 for the HST filter unless you guys talk me out of it. And the WIX 51715 (a/k/a 551715) for the hydraulic filter.

Changing the oil filter was a mess. They really have that thing tucked in there. I used the WIX WL7426 (a/k/a SL7426).

My chain wrench has arrived. I'll be tackling the hydro and HST filters tomorrow.

Merry XMAS!
I don't think that Wix HST filter will work. Pretty sure the thread is too small for the S-HST.

The factory filter is a Donaldson P164381. You can probably go to the Wix site for a cross reference.

I don't think that Wix HST filter will work. Pretty sure the thread is too small for the S-HST.

The factory filter is a Donaldson P164381. You can probably go to the Wix site for a cross reference.
Thank you! You saved me a big hassle. The WIX cross reference is 51456

I'd better double check that the WIX 51715 hydro filter will work

The hydraulic filter should be just fine.
Thanks. Put it on a little while ago and it's a perfect fit. I made an adapter from clear tubing and my heat gun for my shop vac but I didn't use it because I was concerned it would suck the fluid into the vac. Had the wife hold the 9 gallon shop vac hose over the fill port and it worked like a charm. Only fluid lost was in the factory filter. I reclaimed it with a mesh screen funnel.

Changing the hydro filter is a breeze compared to the oil filter. My cheap chain wrench from Amazon worked great.

I'll report back on the WIX 51456 for the S-HST. That should be even easier since it is a vertical fitment.

Merry XMAS!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

I am happy to report that the WIX 51456 is a perfect fit for the S-HST filter. Many thanks to PCABE5 for saving me from a huge headache.

I used the same shop vac but not sure it was needed. Very little fluid came out. The filter was full. I strained the fluid and put it back.

You can get the 51456 cheaper than Amazon here with free shipping:

https://www.crossfilters.com/products/51456-wix-spin-on-hydraulic-filter?variant=11396639522863

It was delivered 5 days after I placed the order.