Mt2501fd ignition switch.

/ Mt2501fd ignition switch. #1  

tjriddle61

Tractor
mitsubishi 2501fd
Need to replace my switch and I was checking the wires. I have the black wire from the battery (via the starter) attached to the post on back the switch. However, there's also a red wire attached to the same post, sending a constant 12v somewhere. I don't see this red wire attached to the 12v post in any wiring diagrams I have been able to find. Can anyone tell me what this wire might be or where it goes to on the tractor?

/ Mt2501fd ignition switch. #2  
Unless you purchased the tractor new a prior owner could have made any type of modification. One of the wires on the switch should come directly from the battery. The switch is then used to apply power to the other devices as needed. The starter would be the spring loaded momentary contact on the switch. The glow plugs are powered when you move the switch against a spring to the left. Just having the switch in the on position will apply power to the lighting, turn signals, horn, oil pressure, and temperature circuits. So is the red wire needed? I don't know, neither do I know what it connects to. It may be for a work light on the back fender which could have its own off - on switch.

/ Mt2501fd ignition switch.
Ok, thanks. I will check the work light.

I found a user's manual for a mitsubishi mt280 and it says that the ignition switch red wire provides constant 12v to the hazard lights and something call a sub switch.

/ Mt2501fd ignition switch. #5  
The sub switch can be the switch located on any accessory which uses power. My Mitsubishi had a work light on the right rear fender. It had its own switch on the light itself. I suspect the sub switch designator would be for something like that.

Thanks

Here's one for everyone.

Attached the new switch but it did not solve problem.
Getting 12v to the battery terminal on the switch. Turn key but no dash lights, head lights etc. Take voltage reading at battery terminal at switch, no voltage, HUH? Just to confirm, kept meter on switch battery terminal, switch off 12v, switch on(one click clockwise) 0v.

Apply 12v directly to switch battery terminal from another source, switch on(one click clockwise), have dash lights and head lights etc.

I tried disconnecting wires from switch, R1(G1), R2(G2), C(starter). None had any impact.

Any guesses as to what is going on?