Comparison MT125 vs RK24H

/ MT125 vs RK24H #1  

ling_TBN

Tractor
None yet
I recently returned to owning an acreage (about 3). I considered purchasing a subcompact when I moved here, but decided instead to pay a yard guy and buy a UTV. The UTV gets used every day, but is not a good fit for some dirt work and other tasks I want to do, so I am again looking at a tractor. I was leaning towards RK and specifically the RK24H, but started reading here about LS, which I was not familiar with. I am in SW FL and the nearest RK Tractors is over 2 hours away (Lake Wales). Not a huge deal, but not exactly convenient. The LS dealer is about an hour away (Fort Denaud). Looking at their inventory, they have two 2019 MT125 for $14,730. That is about $1K more than a new RK24H and that is before the employee discount that I believe I can get via my great-nephew. I plan to buy a loader and box blade with the tractor and maybe a mower. I am leaning towards a pull-behind mower so it is not in the way while doing dirt work. Did anyone here consider/compare the MT125 to the RK24H or LS to RK before they made their purchase? I have searched the Internet and not found anything. Thanks.

Last edited:
   / MT125 vs RK24H #2  
Have you priced out a "new" MT125 vs. the 2019? Are the 2019's new? Also be advised that the loaders on the LS tractors are "free" ---(basically included in the price).

I was comparing the RK24 back when I was purchasing a subcompact... I traveled over 500 miles to get the LS, so it wouldn't have made a difference to travel to a Rural King store. The problem arose when they wouldn't sell one outside of the RK store areas.

I would be hesitant with the RK just because of the service, parts, and customer service. There have been some issues with people getting service or parts from the stores.... it just doesn't seem like they stock anything (parts) for the tractors in the stores. The tractors are made by TYM, so good quality.... but, if you have to deal with the store......

I can call my LS dealer and have just about any part available either in stock, or readily available. Something to think about.

I can give you some info on the 125.... I used mine to install a full septic system, moved hundreds of tons of gravel /rocks, hundreds of feet of trenching, mowing, grading, about 100 fence posts, plus all around use.
230 hours in 2 years, not one issue! Then I sold it for just $500 less than what I paid for it.

I'm now 4 1/2 years, 340 hours on my LS XG3025 (MT225E)TLB, again all trouble free hours.

If I ever need another bigger tractor, I would stick with LS. I am very pleased with them.

/ MT125 vs RK24H #3  
As I understand it different models of RK tractors are made by different vendors. LS tractors are made by LS but they also produce tractors sold under other brands such as New Holland. Given the choice between the two I'd go LS. Personally I went Kubota because I REALLY dislike the local LS dealer.

/ MT125 vs RK24H
Have you priced out a "new" MT125 vs. the 2019? Are the 2019's new? Also be advised that the loaders on the LS tractors are "free" ---(basically included in the price).

I was comparing the RK24 back when I was purchasing a subcompact... I traveled over 500 miles to get the LS, so it wouldn't have made a difference to travel to a Rural King store. The problem arose when they wouldn't sell one outside of the RK store areas.

I would be hesitant with the RK just because of the service, parts, and customer service. There have been some issues with people getting service or parts from the stores.... it just doesn't seem like they stock anything (parts) for the tractors in the stores. The tractors are made by TYM, so good quality.... but, if you have to deal with the store......

I can call my LS dealer and have just about any part available either in stock, or readily available. Something to think about.

I can give you some info on the 125.... I used mine to install a full septic system, moved hundreds of tons of gravel /rocks, hundreds of feet of trenching, mowing, grading, about 100 fence posts, plus all around use.
230 hours in 2 years, not one issue! Then I sold it for just $500 less than what I paid for it.

I'm now 4 1/2 years, 340 hours on my LS XG3025 (MT225E)TLB, again all trouble free hours.

If I ever need another bigger tractor, I would stick with LS. I am very pleased with them.
Thanks. Yes these 2019's are new. Looking at the 2022's they are north of $20K. Absolutely no way I am going to pay a 30% premium. Thanks for the tip on the loader. That is certainly a $2-3K value. I'm an RK fan. I grew up not far from their original store and my family works at RK. With that said, a number of folks have mentioned waiting for parts. It looks like Kubota and John Deere have the best local support. I am also looking at used subcompacts. Most are either beat to hell, over-priced, or both. I will probably visit the LS dealer to check prices and get a sense of the customer service. Actually, all RK tractors are made by TYM.

WHO MAKES THE TRACTOR?​

Our tractors are made by TYM, the largest tractor manufacturer in South Korea and manufacturers of tractors sold in the U.S. under other leading tractor brands. Engines for the RK19-RK55 are made by Yanmar, and the RK74 engines are made by Deutz, all EPA Tier 4 compliant. Final assembly takes place in Waverly, OH, and Williston, FL. Many tractor buyers don’t realize that many tractors under 60HP sold in the U.S. originate from outside the U.S., including those of many of the top selling brands. The RK by King Kutter 3-pt. implements are made by Winfield, AL based King Kutter, and our tires & wheels are made by Midwest based Titan International.

/ MT125 vs RK24H #5  
   / MT125 vs RK24H #6  
Well, between the two brands you are considering, LS hands down no questions.

Why? In the hp range you are looking at, LS builds tractors for 3 kinda 4 different tractor 'brands' new holland, Case/IH farmall and LS mtron themselves. Dealers, parts and service will be easier to find and source. The little extra $ you might pay at first for a more common built tractor is well spent.

Didn't Cabelas sell RK for a while? Who elts sells RK tractors? Not knocking cabelas at all but, cabelas is the last place I would go tractor shopping....

/ MT125 vs RK24H #7  
Well, between the two brands you are considering, LS hands down no questions.

Why? In the hp range you are looking at, LS builds tractors for 3 kinda 4 different tractor 'brands' new holland, Case/IH farmall and LS mtron themselves. Dealers, parts and service will be easier to find and source. The little extra $ you might pay at first for a more common built tractor is well spent.

Didn't Cabelas sell RK for a while? Who elts sells RK tractors? Not knocking cabelas at all but, cabelas is the last place I would go tractor shopping....
No, Cabelas sold their own nameplate which was also made by TYM.

RK, like Cabelas is essentially a rebadged TYM. In that part of Florida, there doesn't appear to be a TYM dealer. Even adding the Branson dealer in FL does not get close.

In my view you get a little more tractor for your money with the TYM vs the LS. The lack of dealers makes that moot.

/ MT125 vs RK24H #8  
From what I have read LS tractors are
here to stay as they keep getting new
dealers. Some of the RK stores selling
RK tractors they have no place to work
on tractors and no knowledge of the
tractor also do they even stock any parts?

willy

/ MT125 vs RK24H #9  
The dealer I bought the LS from is a yanmar dealer then LS. Now they sell 10 LS tractor to 1 yanmar.