MT125 Fuel Gauge Stuck

/ MT125 Fuel Gauge Stuck #1  

jdeilus

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT 125 (still waiting for delivery)
I filled my tank and noticed that the fuel gauge is stuck in the almost 3/4 tank position. Anyone else experience this and if so, how did you fix it?

/ MT125 Fuel Gauge Stuck #2  
Not in a tractor. In my boat I pulled the float & cleaned up the crud on the shaft. That fixed the gauge on the boat.

/ MT125 Fuel Gauge Stuck #3  
My mt125 seems to be perpetually at the full mark, then suddenly will drop to quarter tank... and in nothing flat be approaching suck. Strange fuel gauge.... gotta keep an eye on it.

/ MT125 Fuel Gauge Stuck #4  
I filled my tank and noticed that the fuel gauge is stuck in the almost 3/4 tank position. Anyone else experience this and if so, how did you fix it?
Is this something new, or has it always been like that?

Mine isn't exactly linear, and it will fluctuate wildly on uneven ground, but it works well enough.

/ MT125 Fuel Gauge Stuck
Is this something new, or has it always been like that?

Mine isn't exactly linear, and it will fluctuate wildly on uneven ground, but it works well enough.

I got about 220 hours on it when it decided to stick in that position.

/ MT125 Fuel Gauge Stuck #6  
My mt125 seems to be perpetually at the full mark, then suddenly will drop to quarter tank... and in nothing flat be approaching suck. Strange fuel gauge.... gotta keep an eye on it.
I have to agree with Gnome's post. Mine stays on the full mark for ever and then goes down pretty fast at the end. But I have never run out of fuel as I get a good warning from the gauge. I've only have very minor issues with this machine in the 4 years I've owned it and everything was an easy fix or adjustment in-house so I have to give my MT-125 high marks for being reliable and ready to work when I need it.

/ MT125 Fuel Gauge Stuck #7  
My fuel gauge in the xr3140 after fueling up will sometimes hang up just on the far side of the full mark... Then after a while after being parked or moving it might read completely full.

/ MT125 Fuel Gauge Stuck #8  
New member here, and i have the same issue with the fuel gauge stuck in full position. I plan to trace the wiring to see if there are any shorts or opens, oil contamination on connecters, etc. Mine seemed to stop when i was pushing around fell tree segments. I was thinking maybe a branch worked up into the area of the related wiring. I dis have to tighten up 2 high pressure fittings after +300 hours due to slight leaking so i'm also thinking contact contamination maybe... I'll post what i find