MT125 axle seal

/ MT125 axle seal #1  

Chucky5150

Tractor
none yet
Well, it happened. Leaking axle seal. I haven't done one of these jobs before. I can't find a LS or New Holland dealer near by, and I just don't want to drive an hour each way for a $17 part. Looks like Messick's has it in stock.

So, while I'm elbow deep in the hub is there anything else I should look for or change out? Any special tools / odd sizes I'll need?

Thank you.

/ MT125 axle seal #2  
No special tools. Remove the wheel and outer gear case cover, remove snap ring and pull gear case down off the spindle. Replace the seal and put the gear case back on, install snap ring and put gear case cover back on. Fill axle with oil and put wheel on.

/ MT125 axle seal
No special tools. Remove the wheel and outer gear case cover, remove snap ring and pull gear case down off the spindle. Replace the seal and put the gear case back on, install snap ring and put gear case cover back on. Fill axle with oil and put wheel on.
How the heck do you get that stupid snap ring back on. I can't seem to get it to stay lined up with the groove when I open the ring up.

/ MT125 axle seal #4  
It can be tricky sometimes. Don't remember if I used a 90 degree or 45 degree snap ring pliers and the tips have to be the right size for the holes in the snap ring. If the tips are too small, the snap ring will twist and not stay at the right angle. 0nce I had someone help me and push the snap ring in place with a long screwdriver while I spread the ring apart with the pliers.

/ MT125 axle seal
Got it. What a pain in the butt that was. Had to enlist help from the wife. Now it's time for scotch.