Mt 240he hydro cavitation?

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #61  
Ok fellas, so it's a long story over 18 months in the making but I wanted to have all the facts straight before I posted anything else on the squealing noise on startup.

About a week after my previous post on 10/10/22 the tractor was right back to squealing on startup again. Contacted the dealer and since the tractor only made the noise when the ambient temp was over 70 degrees and I needed the tractor to feed round bales during the winter months, we decided to schedule it in the shop the following June 2023 after we got our first cutting done. It goes in in June 2023 and the regional LS tech agrees it needs to be split as the problem is in the hydro unit itself. LS wanted the unit sent to their lab in NC for inspection so tractor was split, hydro unit removed, boxed up and shipped UPS to LS USA! At LS the unit was tested on their Dyno and they found 2 o-rings internal to the unit that had been cut during factory assembly of the unit. The o-rings were replaced, unit once again put on the Dyno and it passed all their test. It seems all those hydro units they warrantied out for you guys they actually took them apart to find root cause of the problem!

Unit was sent back to my dealer and reinstalled. A week of testing at the dealer after reassembly and they claimed it's fixed. I tell them that awesome and thank them for helping me even though I did not buy the tractor from them. I told them unfortunately it will be a week before I can get there to pick it up. Dealer told me don't worry about it they will deliver it FREE!!! I was floored! I'm two hours away! The tractor showed up a day later and it looked almost new. They even washed and degreased the entire tractor top to bottom. There was not a drop of oil anywhere. Not even a finger print! I've had the tractor back for 2 months now and it has been SILENT! It's been in the 80's the last two days here and I've had no more problems.

It's been a long aggravating road with my tractor and total time it's been in the shop in the past 4 years is almost 8 months total for this problem. My dealer I've been dealing with has been great. They could have told me no, take it somewhere else but they didn't. They helped me out and took care of me. From this experience I can tell you LS does care about their customers and a good LS dealer does too. When I'm ready to buy another tractor, I know what color and where I'm going to get it!
That's great news! What dealer in MO.?
I ask as we will be moving back there in 2026 and hope they are close to the area we are considering.

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #62  
Steve, thank you for the follow up. I am in the market for a larger tractor and the new MT2 is on my short list to look at. Reading through your trouble is the sort of feed back that I’m looking to read about. This would have been very easy for LS and your dealer to blow off because it only happened for a few seconds. Everyone knew something was not right and they took you serious and persued it to a fix. This speaks very highly of LS.

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation?
That's great news! What dealer in MO.?
I ask as we will be moving back there in 2026 and hope they are close to the area we are considering.

Gregg Abbott in Jackson.

What area of MO are you headed?

Last edited:
Steve, thank you for the follow up. I am in the market for a larger tractor and the new MT2 is on my short list to look at. Reading through your trouble is the sort of feed back that I’m looking to read about. This would have been very easy for LS and your dealer to blow off because it only happened for a few seconds. Everyone knew something was not right and they took you serious and persued it to a fix. This speaks very highly of LS.

I'm highly anticipating the new MT 242. Once my dealer gets one in stock I'm going to look at it. They said late July would probably be when they will see them.

Things I'm excited for:

4cyl non-turbo engine.
Bosch injection.
11 gallon fuel tank.
Substantial loader lift increase.
Offering R14 tires.

Think I'm going with a cab this time. Tired of eating dust!

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #65  
Gregg Abbott in Jackson.

What area of MO are you headed?
Bummer, that's hours east of where we plan to be. We have most of our family around Lebanon, so we're hoping somewhere between Lebanon and Springfield or within 90 minutes of each.

I bought the tractor from WCT in Strafford. A few years ago when I started looking for a replacement tractor I stopped in there to take a peek at the bright blue tractors they had lined up out front. They were really busy that day. The sales guy came out and welcome me. Told him it was going to be a few years till I was ready and not to waste a bunch of time with me today with the amount of other customers that needed served. He told me I was just as important as any of them. Ended up spending almost an hour that day including a test drive and he set me out with a quote and told me if in a few years when I'm ready and if I decided to go blue he'd be there to help me out.

Fast forward 3 years I bought my LS from him.