Mt 240he hydro cavitation?

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #51  
Is this the same noise? Anyone agree this is normal?

The hydraulic fluid level has been checked, it made the same sound with the factory filters when delivered and continues after the 50hr service with a new OEM set of filters, now at 170ish hours, it has always done this.

Video
Just revisiting this old thread, The dealership replaced my HST drive unit about a month ago, and I have not heard the whine since! All warranty work which included both new hydro filters and new hydro oil. Total invoice for reference (paid by warranty) was $4302

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation?
Just revisiting this old thread, The dealership replaced my HST drive unit about a month ago, and I have not heard the whine since! All warranty work which included both new hydro filters and new hydro oil. Total invoice for reference (paid by warranty) was $4302

Wow! That's great news. I kept getting the run around from the dealer I was speaking to and just gave up with them.

Ok, called the dealer I have been in touch with on this issue and he says that the O-ring on the hydro unit was the culprit. Working out some details and hope to get it in his dealership for the repair soon.

Update on my tractor. It goes to the shop Monday!

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #56  
6 months and still no whine.

That's great to hear! I'm going to let them know how yours was fixed just as a friendly fyi.

Update on my tractor. The dealership has been able to duplicate the noise several times. All their testing shows the next step is to split the tractor and check inside. Dealer has a few big jobs a head of me still so 2-3 weeks till it's split and we'll go from there.

Got my tractor back! The two sealing washers on suction line for the hydro unit were leaking air. Did not have to split the tractor. Just pulled the floorpan off for access. So far I haven't heard the noise. Noise only happens when it's warm ambient outside. Supposed to be about 80 today so we'll see when I get home.

Ok fellas, so it's a long story over 18 months in the making but I wanted to have all the facts straight before I posted anything else on the squealing noise on startup.

About a week after my previous post on 10/10/22 the tractor was right back to squealing on startup again. Contacted the dealer and since the tractor only made the noise when the ambient temp was over 70 degrees and I needed the tractor to feed round bales during the winter months, we decided to schedule it in the shop the following June 2023 after we got our first cutting done. It goes in in June 2023 and the regional LS tech agrees it needs to be split as the problem is in the hydro unit itself. LS wanted the unit sent to their lab in NC for inspection so tractor was split, hydro unit removed, boxed up and shipped UPS to LS USA! At LS the unit was tested on their Dyno and they found 2 o-rings internal to the unit that had been cut during factory assembly of the unit. The o-rings were replaced, unit once again put on the Dyno and it passed all their test. It seems all those hydro units they warrantied out for you guys they actually took them apart to find root cause of the problem!

Unit was sent back to my dealer and reinstalled. A week of testing at the dealer after reassembly and they claimed it's fixed. I tell them that awesome and thank them for helping me even though I did not buy the tractor from them. I told them unfortunately it will be a week before I can get there to pick it up. Dealer told me don't worry about it they will deliver it FREE!!! I was floored! I'm two hours away! The tractor showed up a day later and it looked almost new. They even washed and degreased the entire tractor top to bottom. There was not a drop of oil anywhere. Not even a finger print! I've had the tractor back for 2 months now and it has been SILENT! It's been in the 80's the last two days here and I've had no more problems.

It's been a long aggravating road with my tractor and total time it's been in the shop in the past 4 years is almost 8 months total for this problem. My dealer I've been dealing with has been great. They could have told me no, take it somewhere else but they didn't. They helped me out and took care of me. From this experience I can tell you LS does care about their customers and a good LS dealer does too. When I'm ready to buy another tractor, I know what color and where I'm going to get it!