Mt 240he hydro cavitation?

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #31  
Shell Rotella T6 15w40, I am in a warm southern climate

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation?
Shell Rotella T6 15w40, I am in a warm southern climate

I just changed my engine oil 3 hours ago (@150 hrs) and switched to T6. My previous oil changes where with T4. My last Regen was almost 50 hours ago. Most all of that was around 2400-2600 rpm mostly pulling a 6ft rotary cutter. About 10 hours raking hay and about 5 running a 4-basket Tedder.

If my regens start to get more frequent with the T6 I'll keep you posted. With the synthetic being more slippery it may burn more oil and fill the dpf quicker?

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #33  
In my opinion, fuel quality is far more important than what oil the engine is using.

I'll give you an example of fuel quality vs number of regens that happened with me on a SUV.

We have this low cost fuel stations, that sell gas and diesel at lower prices but with less additives to keep the price low. I avoid these all the times, because the reports of damaged fuel systems of vehicles due to water and trash contamination is just way too scary to even thing about.

Anyway, one day I really couldn't avoid one of these stations, so I had to put like €30 worth of diesel on the SUV. Worst thing I ever did. The SUV would regen like 3 to 5 times on a just a 60 mile trip, where with a good fuel, it will regen like once in 200 miles.

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #34  
I switched to T6 at 150hrs, and have ~197ish now, the regen issues have been about the same dino/synth for me. Originally there was a faulty sensor that was replaced, maybe there is again... It didn't really improve much after the sensor was replaced.

I use fuel from 2 high turnover stations and fill from 5gal cans, so my own turnover is fairly consistent as well, and I do add in some Howes Meaner Power Diesel Kleaner as a precaution.

In my opinion, fuel quality is far more important than what oil the engine is using.

I'll give you an example of fuel quality vs number of regens that happened with me on a SUV.

We have this low cost fuel stations, that sell gas and diesel at lower prices but with less additives to keep the price low. I avoid these all the times, because the reports of damaged fuel systems of vehicles due to water and trash contamination is just way too scary to even thing about.

Anyway, one day I really couldn't avoid one of these stations, so I had to put like €30 worth of diesel on the SUV. Worst thing I ever did. The SUV would regen like 3 to 5 times on a just a 60 mile trip, where with a good fuel, it will regen like once in 200 miles.

I agree fully with you but here in the states I have never seen a station that sells anything but top tier fuel. I travel frequently to many rural areas in many states and have never seen substandard fuel yet. Will not willingly put poor fuel in my truck and risk damage to a 15k fuel system!

When my tractor was new and breaking in it would Regen every 11-15 hours for the first few times. Then 25, then 35. Now I am over the 50hr mark for a Regen. Parts break in and seal better so my oil consumption has greatly reduced.

I switched to T6 at 150hrs, and have ~197ish now, the regen issues have been about the same dino/synth for me. Originally there was a faulty sensor that was replaced, maybe there is again... It didn't really improve much after the sensor was replaced.

I use fuel from 2 high turnover stations and fill from 5gal cans, so my own turnover is fairly consistent as well, and I do add in some Howes Meaner Power Diesel Kleaner as a precaution.

Didn't realize you have had Regen issues previously. Yup, sounds like there is still something going on. You keep the revs up when you're working? Lots of start/stop short engine run times?

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #37  
Lots of stump grinding, so usually 1800 transit and loader work and 2400 while grinding.

Lots of stump grinding, so usually 1800 transit and loader work and 2400 while grinding.

That shouldn't be too low. I usually run 2000-2200 running around doing light task. 2400 moving hay bales around and 2500-2600 when I brush hog.

/ Mt 240he hydro cavitation? #39  
@ZetorSteve any chance I can get the name of that other dealership looking into the issue so the techs can compare notes before I drop my tractor off on Monday?