Mowing

/ Mowing #21  
I love my Flail because the paddocks look real clean after mowing. No windrows or big tufts of grass everywhere.
My friend was impressed with my Flail Mower so he tried to buy one (Hayes) but he was going to have to wait 3 months so he bought another brand. First time he used it 2 of the Hammers flew to bits and he didn't even hit anything. He previously used a ride-on mower in that area so it was a clean area. When he looked at the hammers they had casting cracks all over them.
The hammers are about 1/3 the size and weight of the Hayes Flail hammers. They look like toys. His mower also cost twice as much as my Hayes. The mower he bought was a Cosmo so hopefully no-one here buys one.
Stripes:

I retrieved my dad’s (RIP) flail mower out of long term storage recently, aka the weeds along the overgrown fence. Later I noticed the nice stripes in the pasture from the porch. Nice side benefit to the flail, along with no windrows. :)

Hay Dude. Are you going to tell us? Bigfoots foot? Fairy? Elephant tusk? Wife?

/ Mowing #22  
Near misses.jpg

/ Mowing #24  
I have places where I cannot get to in time before it's half way to the moon (this is probably about 7' tall; taken late last summer):

Attachments

• Mowing.jpg
    Mowing.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 216

I don't have any nice pictures of striping because I usually mow drunk, that or because I have a lot of tree to have to swerve around: I think it's the later! :LOL:

Sadly, with about 12" of rain so far this month I'm not going to be doing any mowing any time soon!

/ Mowing #25  
That photo Kohala - looks like you are camouflaged and on safari.

/ Mowing #26  
Did 30 acres of conservancy land mowing yesterday. Lots of 10’ tall miserable Bradford Pear and radiator-clogging goldenrod.

Anyone notice what I almost hit in first picture (below)?

View attachment 720491

View attachment 720494

View attachment 720492

Hit a chunk of concrete and bent a blade. My DeWalt 60v impact has just enough to remove the 1&1/2“ bolts…

View attachment 720495

View attachment 720511
looks like you left your impact driver on the cutting deck!

/ Mowing #27