Mowing with a mmm do you mow over your grass clippings?

/ Mowing with a mmm do you mow over your grass clippings? #21  
I took it off mine. I’m going to try to get one that I can open and close from the seat because I really need one sometimes but those stupid rubber flaps are unusable. The manufacturer should be ashamed. I got one of these from a Dixie chopper that I plan on mounting on my Grasshopper.View attachment 570943

The discharge chute on 60" MMM on my B1750 HSDT is spring loaded. It will stay in the full up position once over center. I can push it down with my foot from the seat but must almost completely dismount to pull it back up.

Hmmmmmm…. Maybe, I'll attach a wire or cord secured to a convenient point on the tractor to allow pulling it back up.

I do occasionally push it down to avoid blowing clippings onto the back-up generator, etc.

SDT

/ Mowing with a mmm do you mow over your grass clippings? #22  
I took it off mine. I知 going to try to get one that I can open and close from the seat because I really need one sometimes but those stupid rubber flaps are unusable. The manufacturer should be ashamed. I got one of these from a Dixie chopper that I plan on mounting on my Grasshopper.View attachment 570943

I have a similar device from Bad Boy that I use on my ZTR, mainly for mulching leaves in the fall. Money well spent.

Screenshot 2018-09-15 at 8.37.49 AM.png

Steve

/ Mowing with a mmm do you mow over your grass clippings? #23  
I've only had one MMM. It discharged to the right, so with few exceptions I mowed (as my Brit neighbor says) anticlockwise.

I mowed in the other direction when gathering leaves, or when the grass was growing so fast I couldn't keep up. In the latter case I'd mow twice in two days The first time would be in the usual direction. When the clippings dried a bit the next day, I'd go the opposite direction and get the clipping into windrows for easier raking.

/ Mowing with a mmm do you mow over your grass clippings? #24  
I have a similar device from Bad Boy that I use on my ZTR, mainly for mulching leaves in the fall. Money well spent.

View attachment 570973

Steve

I have these chute blockers on both of my Kubota ZTRs. Although they will cause clumping when closed or partially closed, I like them. I use them mostly for keeping grass out of flower beds and mulching leaves in the fall.

/ Mowing with a mmm do you mow over your grass clippings? #25  
I always get this if i mow my grass clippings.

View attachment 570876

If it does what you show in the picture then you waited too long between mowings. (I know, sometimes that has to be ...) In a large area case (not really a manicured lawn but a field I mow near the old farmhouse in WVa) I mow clockwise most of the time. Most of the user manuals fine print recommend going clockwise to avoid cutting "wheel ran over grass" as much as you can, etc. None of that is all that important & you do whatever seems to work best with your machine, your width mower mounted on your size tractor, etc.

Here at home, attempting to have a well manicured lawn, I go clockwise predominantly and sometimes back and forth depending on how high I've let it grow. If I can't spread the clippings enough to avoid heavy overlayers of clippings, then I intentionally crowd the clippings together and use the bagger on just those relatively small places where the grass is piled up. Like most I avoid bagging as much as I can. This year with all the rain has been a worst case year here in So. MD.

/ Mowing with a mmm do you mow over your grass clippings? #26  
One mower, cub rzt50 leaves rows. Other Z-Force doesn't. Regardless, we've had so much rain I get up clippings with an Agri'Fab sweeper. I modified it with a rope instead of pull dump handle. Rope goes through a large screw eye I put on seat arm rest. I learned to have sweep brush adjusted high because clippings are up 3" on top of cut grass. I add clippings to my compost pile.772022.jpeg

/ Mowing with a mmm do you mow over your grass clippings? #27  
Back in the days of a 2 hp push mower i didnt. Now with a 24 hp mower, i dont give it a second thought.

/ Mowing with a mmm do you mow over your grass clippings? #28  
I never mowed back and forth when I was growing up. The mowers Dad had, while they were quality Case garden tractors, were quite underpowered. I prefer to mow back and forth in straight lines, and I also mow often, every 4-6 days depending on the weather. When I time it just right, the clippings disappear. Of course I have 27 hp with a 60" deck, Dad's Tractors were 14hp with. 48" deck and 18hp with a 60" deck.

Will