Mower price check

/ Mower price check #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
Local I've got bush hog and Landpride dealers and I'm looking for a 7' finish mower.

Bush Hog RDTH84 is 3,195+tax
Landpride FDR 2584 is 3,499+tax

Sound right?

I like Landpride but is it worth the extra $300?

/ Mower price check #2  
Edit: I haven't shopped new RFMs lately, but a quick look on tractorhouse.com suggests the Bush Hog could be had for about $200 cheaper and the Land Pride is similar to other dealers' published prices. If you like one more than another, it never hurts to make a lower offer and see if they'll accept.

I personally have a Woods (72") purchased used and have been pleased, but am considering the following to replace it:
- 8' Caroni with many positive reviews for well under $2k before shipping: Caroni Estate Mower-TC 91NRSD Estate Mower | Agri Supply #29234
- 73" Caroni flail: Flail Mower, Caroni, Rear Flail Mower | Agri Supply, 3837, TM19
- 88" WoodMaxx flail mower with hydraulic offset to mow closer to trees, ditches, ponds, fences, etc.: FM-88H PTO Flail Mower (88")

just my opinion, the flail seems like a good bet -- depending on knife type they finely mulch and groom thick grass better, and the individual knives can deflect off the occasional rock or other hard object.

Last edited: