Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer #1  

dmccarty

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4700
A tractor mowing on I95 was hit by a tractor trailer yesterday. The mower operator was killed. The semi hit two safety trucks before hitting the tractor which was mowing the median. The guy that was killed was working with his brother and son. The son was injured as well.

Man killed after semi hits mower on I-95 :: WRAL.com

The tractor does not look in that bad a shape given the wreck. No info if the tractor operator was wearing a belt or how he was killed. Even with a belt it seems like he could have banged his head around in the cab pretty severely. :eek:

Later,
Dan

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer #2  
its a shame. Too bad for the families.

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer #3  
its a shame. Too bad for the families.

Yes, it is...

This truck driver hit two...two safety vehicles (which I'm sure had flashers of some sort), then a mowing tractor. All during broad daylight!
This is a case of negligience, at minimum...more likely manslaughter or vehicular homicide.

My sympathies are with the families concerned...but the truckdriver belongs in jail.

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer #4  
Yes, it is...

This truck driver hit two...two safety vehicles (which I'm sure had flashers of some sort), then a mowing tractor. All during broad daylight!
This is a case of negligience, at minimum...more likely manslaughter or vehicular homicide.

My sympathies are with the families concerned...but the truckdriver belongs in jail.

Pretty bold statements considering we have absolutely no details. :(

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer #5  

FWIW, ALL the necessary and available information, including video and the on scene trooper's statement is available through the link given by the original poster.
But it doesn't mean that the driver is necessarily guilt of anything more than having an accident that resulted in an innocent's death.

The investigation into the circumstances will hopefully sort out the details and charges will then be brought or not.

I too feel badly for the family's loss.

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer #6  

One must be in control of their vehicle at all times. Two vehicles with flashing arrows hit? During daylight hours?
That trucker either fell asleep or was distracted 9meaning he should have pulled off the road). Granted, those last comments are conjecture...but hitting two warning vehicle is a fact...killing a man is a fact.
Nope...not bold...just an outraged citizen.

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer #7  
One must be in control of their vehicle at all times. Two vehicles with flashing arrows hit? During daylight hours?
That trucker either fell asleep or was distracted 9meaning he should have pulled off the road). Granted, those last comments are conjecture...but hitting two warning vehicle is a fact...killing a man is a fact.

It couldn't have been a medical problem or something of the sorts beyond his control?

We might as well hang him from the nearest tree.

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer #8  

Roy, you might be right (in which case I'd agree with you), but you also might not be. Fortunately, the folks in charge of the investigation cannot jump to conclusions so quickly, or they'd soon be unemployed.

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer #9  
Roy, you might be right (in which case I'd agree with you), but you also might not be. Fortunately, the folks in charge of the investigation cannot jump to conclusions so quickly, or they'd soon be unemployed.

Yeah, you're right Bird...hope we find out how this one happened.

/ Mower on I95 hit by a tractor-trailer
I would be very surprised if the truck driver is not charged with Misdemeanor Death by Vehicle. The driver is going to have to show some health impairment and even then I am not sure that will help him avoid charges and conviction. The reports I have read did not mentioned he had a heart attack, stroke, etc.

If the truck driver had been drinking, which does not appear to be the case, he would be facing felony charges.

The family is lucky they did not loose the son, father and uncle. :eek:

Later,
Dan