Mower help for 2710

/ Mower help for 2710 #21  
Yeah, JimBinMI, they all are, but will it adjust out far enough? Depends on how high those side rails are, and if you have the weight on an implement in the air on the 3-point, turning that adjustment on the top link can be a bit difficult.

Bird

/ Mower help for 2710 #22  
Bird,

I just meant adjusting it in the down position can make a difference whether it picks up the front first or the rear first or just picks it up evenly.

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Mower help for 2710 #23  
Bird,

I thought about doing the same thing with a 7 ft mower. My side rails are 3 inch pipe and about 16 inches high. I decided against it really fast. Can you imagine how much fun it is to drive the tractor in the trailer while watching that the mower clears and have a 3 point that will lift the whole mower 20 inches in the air? Bought a 6 ft mower and it fits between the 6 ft 11 1/2 inch rails, but it sticks out the back on an 18 ft trailer about a foot.

/ Mower help for 2710 #24  
I understand, JimBinMI, but if you adjust your top link all the way out just as long as it will go, then pick up the mower as high as the 3-point will lift it, will the mower be level or will the back end still be tilted up? And in that position, will the lowest part of the mower be 16" to 20" off the ground (like Wen is talking about)? I doubt it. Now if you had side rails that were only 3" to 5" high, you might be all right, but with the more common, higher side rails, I think you'll have a bit of a problem; not insurmountable, of course. All things are possible; given enough time and money./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Mower help for 2710 #25  
The other thing is that a tractor and mower are a pretty heavy combination for a lot of trailers to handle. It is not always easy to get on and off the trailer with ramps and not over stress the mower top link unless you can pick it up pretty high to start with.

/ Mower help for 2710 #26  
Bird,

I see where you're at with the higher side rails, that would be a major problem I would think, any way you slice it.

I guess I don't have to worry about it, I don't have a trailer to haul it on and don't plan to haul it. Now, if I lived closer to family, that might be another story! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!