Snow Equipment Owning/Operating moving snow for a newbie

/ moving snow for a newbie #11  
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...I love winter and can hardly wait....really!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif No bugs, snowshoes, sledding, winter hunting, Christmas time. The list is never ending.

Ive always used a blower b/c during those heavy snow winters you dont wind up moving it twice or more and its fairly fast. You do need another attachment but in a high snow climate its gets used a good bit. When blowing you also tend not to tear your yard apart either. jimg

/ moving snow for a newbie #12  
Hi,

I don't move too much snw...but for my application, I never want to use the loader as the primary snow moving device.

I find the back blade preferable...then use the loader when I need to.

Don't know what I am trying to say except that for some reason the back blade seems to work better for me. BUT not totally. You might consider a cheap KK back blade like I bought for something like $169...I wish i had a better one...but it does do the job pretty well. Sometimes I run it reversed [with the curve backwards...] sometimes in the right direction...I KNOW if I had a long driveway and the snow was not too deep the backblade would be my first choice.

In the end you have to try it yourself and see which way works best for you...

/ moving snow for a newbie #13  
Yah i realy like the snow but since we get 99% ice and the 0-20 degree temps kinda make me glade it's almost 90 degrees cause my daily driver doesn't have heat for a good 10 miles vw diesel /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ moving snow for a newbie #14  
Sounds like you need one of them 12volt ceramic heaters to throw on your dash board. It sure is nice havin a frost free windshield by the time I get to the end of the driveway. I hate plowin' snow with my grader blade, you have to push the snow into the ditches at the edge of the road, and a big pile of gravel always goes along with it. By the time winter's over there ain't nothin' left in the wheel tracks but sno.. er, ah mud.

/ moving snow for a newbie #15  
<font color="green"> You mean it's snowing up north already???? Still hot down here in the south. Mid 90's, the snow sounds good right now though. </font>

No snow right now but it would not bother me to see some. It has been hot and humid for the last week and we had rain each of the first fourteen days of August.

I am cutting grass like it is June. The drough is over.