Moving and dispersing water from a tractor

/ Moving and dispersing water from a tractor #1  

future_vision

Gold Member
Tractor
DK6010SE HSA
I've got a Kioti DK6010Se (60kp) and happened to find several plants, we wanted to eventually plant, for 50% off at Home Depot. Now, they are going to be planted on land we are clearing. No well or water source yet on the property. I was thinking I could get something like this which would be easy enough to move around with pallet forks for watering but what would be the best way to get that water out of the tank? They must make something that would do the job. Thoughts?

1657210366993.png

/ Moving and dispersing water from a tractor #2  
   / Moving and dispersing water from a tractor #3  
They make plenty of pumps, usually 12v.
But if your going to lift it with a FEL you might get by with a thick hose and off a spigot.

/ Moving and dispersing water from a tractor
They make plenty of pumps, usually 12v.
But if your going to lift it with a FEL you might get by with a thick hose and off a spigot.
My friend gravity. It's free. Hadn't thought about that but you are probably right. That's why I ask the questions here. I usually miss something that is obvious. I guess if I had to disperse water over a large area then I would need a pump/sprayer of some sort but that is not what I am looking to do.

/ Moving and dispersing water from a tractor #5  

/ Moving and dispersing water from a tractor #6  
Yeah just get yourself a 25-50' garden hose, and then bush down fittings from the bottom valve port until you can attach the hose. Drive tractor close but uphill from where you need to water, then the hose allows you to reach a bit without having to reposition the tractor a bunch of times. Just watch for tipping from all that weight. Keep it on the flat or point straight up hill, never cross the slope, when you raise the tub up.

/ Moving and dispersing water from a tractor #7  
I've used garden hoses for 40 years out here. Some last a year or two - others, a while longer. The very best are commercial, all rubber, black, garden hoses. I've got a couple of those and they are over 25 years old. Still as good as when purchased.

I think you will find that gravity and a GOOD hose will provide all the water you need.

I have no idea how long it will be until you have a functioning well on your property. I would limit your plantings until that time. You will soon find that what you are proposing - gets old. Load the container on your truck - fill it - transport it to your property - get it off the truck - go about your watering. This will go on until you get a well and some type of distribution system.

Also - check to see what type of "varmints" you might have on your property. I have pocket gophers. About 1/5 the size of a ground hog - but total HELL on new plantings. For any type of a tree - consider using gopher cages if you have gophers.

No matter what I plant on my property - tree, bush, flowers, garden - I have to make provisions to exclude pocket gophers.

/ Moving and dispersing water from a tractor #9  
I use those water containers on my truck. I'll fill them up from my pond then drive my truck around the yard to use gravity to water the plants. It's just right flow, especially for the veggie garden where high pressures would not be good for the plants.