Moving a 7ton capacity grain bin

/ Moving a 7ton capacity grain bin #11  
I see I’m a little late. Hopefully he hasn’t given up on it yet.

Bought a bin about the same size last year. 7 foot diameter 2 ring chore time brand cone bin. Which by the OP’s description his bin is a 6 foot 2 ring which is much shorter.

It was brought in laying down on a flat bed trailer. We slid it to the back of the trailer and 4 guys grabbed it and set it up right. The supplier said they don’t use cranes or booms to set them unless they are 9 foot or larger diameter.

To lay it down I think I would want 5 or 6 guys. Those bins aren’t really heavy. They are rigid enough they won’t collapse laying on their side like some have suggested.

/ Moving a 7ton capacity grain bin #12  
Can you take it apart near the middle so it is two shorter sections? Either a joint or cut apart?

Bruce

/ Moving a 7ton capacity grain bin #13  
Is this a hopper bottom bin or just a flat floor bin? Brother had a 2400 bushel hopper bottom moved in by a special trailer owned by a distributer for $600. 100 miles aprox. Super slick trailer that lays it down and sets it back up hydraulically.

/ Moving a 7ton capacity grain bin #14  
My brother in law bought two of them, but smaller. One was a two ton, the other a three ton. The smaller one was hauled laying down on a ten foot flatbed truck, with a dump. Just tilted the bed up, and pushed it up onto its legs. Did the same with the larger one, but it was on a trailer that didn't dump. It was a little more work, but not bad. We used his TC33 NH with a loader to help stand it up.