Snow Movin' snow and turf tires

/ Movin' snow and turf tires #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Movin\' snow and turf tires

Thursday afternoon, I used the PT to move snow from my driveway and couple of neighbor's driveways as well. You guys were absolutely correct about the turf tires not having any traction problems. I could make it spin by backing down a slight incline, then abruptly treadling to forward, but that was it. No problem with traction. Let's hear it for the hydraulic 4WD!

I did, however, break my throttle cable. It was stuck. I greased it, sprayed it with some battery cleaner to remove corrosion, and tried to work it loose, but ended up breaking the end that connects to the throttle lever. So, I just loosed the throttle cable mount in the engine bay and set the engine to a fixed throttle position. Luckily, this is a cheap part...just have to get time to replace it!

L8r,
Dave

/ Movin' snow and turf tires #2  
Re: Movin\' snow and turf tires

Dave,

My Kubota B2410 is no power trac, but it is outfitted with turf tires. I'm just finishing off my coffee before I head out to clean up the dump of snow we've had over the last day and a half. I'm with you....the turfs will have no bearing on it. The only problems I've ever had with the turfs was around my dugout in some marsh muck. Just had to pop it into 4 wheel and take it easy getting out.

Have a good one.

Kevin

/ Movin' snow and turf tires #3  

That's right, Dave... They work great. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

I've only had to plow 4-5 inches at the most maybe 3 times this year. There is so little snow, that instead of pushing it off to the sides, I set the blade straight and pushed it all into one pile for the kids to play on.

I did find that when crossing side slopes it tends to crab downhill with the turfs. But there's a few ways to handle it. Slow and steady with a less agressive angle on the plow works pretty well, but my favorite is to just floor it and fling snow all over myself /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I took it out in the street and tried to do donuts but it just can't with permanent 4WD... it just drives around in circles and the neighbors wonder what I'm doing. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Movin' snow and turf tires #4  

I thought you might enjoy these pictures of our PT425 and a big 'ol pile of snow /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Attachments

• 54-229895-pt425_snow02.jpg
    54-229895-pt425_snow02.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 184
   / Movin' snow and turf tires #5  

Nice sized pile /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 54-229896-pt425_snow01.jpg
    54-229896-pt425_snow01.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 123
   / Movin' snow and turf tires #6  

Thats one thing about plowing vs snowblowing..you gotta keep those banks back and high..but your also getting some relaxing seat time vs snow blowing tho. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif