Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It?

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #11  
You do t have to use tape. I use a bipap with the nose pillows so I have to keep my mouth closed. To do this there is a head strap that goes over and behind the head and under the chin to keep it shut.
Comfortable and they last a long time.
If any of you have an Ollies store nearby they have what they call anti snore straps on sale.
Same thing. Cheap way to keep your mouth closed.

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It?
I've been doing this for over a year now with excellent results. I no longer snore and sleep much better.

Try it, might help you too!
Thanks for posting. (y)

You do t have to use tape. I use a bipap with the nose pillows so I have to keep my mouth closed. To do this there is a head strap that goes over and behind the head and under the chin to keep it shut.
The straps tend to come off of some people.
The part on the chin would mess up my beard. :eek:

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #14  
89003819-58AD-4AE2-AFEB-8B6D0036BF54.jpeg

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #16  
Duct tape? Superglue?
My luck I'd breathe in a fly or lint and I'd have a grim reaper visitation. This is from healthline:
"Mouth taping not only doesn't help you to breathe through your nose, it's also highly dangerous. It can cause obstructed breathing and create other more serious sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea and sleep disruption."

This is from healthline:
"Mouth taping not only doesn't help you to breathe through your nose,
I don't agree with that statement. if your mouth is shut you have to breathe through your nose.
If your nose is plugged up you do not put tape on your mouth.
it's also highly dangerous. It can cause obstructed breathing and create other more serious sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea and sleep disruption."
Has not happened to me or several others I have seen on YouTube.

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #18  
I use a CPAP, I have trouble breathing through my nose, so suffocating if I closed off my mouth and the CPAP went or did not use it.

If it works for you, that's great, but be careful as someone may try this and it might not end well.

The difference for me using a CPAP is huge, wish I had done it years earlier.

If needed I also run a humidifier for the room in winter. I don't like the one that integrates with the CPAP.
Humidity will stop the dry throat and nose.

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #19  
The straps tend to come off of some people.
The part on the chin would mess up my beard. :eek:

Never had a strap come off. Pulled the hose loose a few times.
Yes it does tend to crimp the beard. Hafta comb and fluff mine every morning.

I have also noticed that my nose has never been totally stopped up since using the bipap. I guess the pressure keeps at least one open.
When the electric goes out I wake up real quick with no pressure.

/ Mouth Taping, Anyone Else Doing It? #20  
I don't agree with that statement. if your mouth is shut you have to breathe through your nose.
If your nose is plugged up you do not put tape on your mouth.

Has not happened to me or several others I have seen on YouTube.
People's nose can get stopped up intermittently throughout sleeping.
I sleep like Larry: