Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor.

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor. #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
I'm considering a local used tractor with a cab.

I normally remove my loader during the mowing season unless it's needed.

So, the question is, for those of you who do remove their loaders and do have cabbed tractors...how much more of a hassle is it? I'm particularly interested in those with Deere 3x20 and 4x20 series Deeres, but any responses would be appreciated!

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor. #2  
Hi Roy, knowing you moved from PA further north you'll really like a cabbed tractor for snow removal. Can't help with a Deere product but on my cabbed Kubota I feel the removal is not any different then with an open cab. I'm sure it's just about the same with the Deere tractor and no hassle at all. Stanley

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor. #3  
I have a 70 hp with a FEL, I normally spend 120 hr per year mowing, one summer I did remove my FEL, I found the tractor was light on the front end without FEL, I also greatly missed my carry all, this seemed to make my tractor ackward to maneuver without the counter weight on the front.
I now leave my loader on year around, also my loader is quite heavy, I did build an A frame rack to support it when removed in the event the legs settled into the ground, but only used it once.

Troy

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor. #4  
Good Morning Roy ... Mine is the 5520 with the 540 loader and it is simple hassle free !!! I just put the legs down, tilt the bucket get the pressure off the pins, remove them and tilt till I have the clearance ... then in neutral the arms push the tractor back. Shut down, release the pressure on the joy stick, unplug the QD's and back away!! I cant imagine much difference in the 3x20 or the 4x20.

You will enjoy the comfort of a cab!!

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor. #5  
I have a bobcat ct 225. (Almost the same as kioti ck 27). It has a cozy cab. I have not removed the loader yet but have read through the procedure and it does not seem like the cab will be an issue at all. Another thing to consider if you get The quick release bucket you maybe fine just removing that.

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor.
Thanks for all the answers!

I remove the loader for clearance issues. When it's off, I have 4 suitcase weights going on the bracket which adds quite enough weight for any 3PH implement (normally an RFM)

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor. #7  
Hi Roy, congrats on the cab decision ... I love my cab!

As for removing the loader, the removal process is the same, and I can't see how it could be any more difficult. Unless the tractor you're looking at has some strange loader design that attaches differently than the same open station tractor, but I would find that unlikely.

Which tractor are we talking about here?

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor.
Hi Roy, congrats on the cab decision ... I love my cab!

As for removing the loader, the removal process is the same, and I can't see how it could be any more difficult. Unless the tractor you're looking at has some strange loader design that attaches differently than the same open station tractor, but I would find that unlikely.

Which tractor are we talking about here?

Hasn't been a decision yet...just in the talking stage.
The machine is a Deere 4520 with a Curtis Cab

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor. #9  
Can't really say regarding on a curtis cab but on the factory cab side the only real difference is getting to the release levers. On the open station you could stay on the operators platform and release the latches and on the cab units obviously you need to exit the cab. Otherwise I have done it many times on both and is very easy to do. If using the loader for heavy work I do recomend snugging up the latch bolts all of the way to avoid wear and tear on the mast and mast mount. That does add an extra step for removal but can save you from replacing the mast later on. Good luck.

/ Mounting and dismount loader on a cabbed tractor. #10  
I have a 2720 with a Cozy Cab. The cab takes slightly more effort to get into and out of. That's about the only difference I can tell, but is well worth the effort on windy days. Another thing, after market cabs are not as warm as factory cabs, especially on windy days. They are also much noisier than an open station.