Most useful attachments

/ Most useful attachments #31  
“Middle busters were a necessity for row cropping until no-till farming took over.”

No till farming isn’t really used for vegetable farming, more for grain and legume crops

/ Most useful attachments #32  
   / Most useful attachments #33  
What are the most used attachments you have? What attachments do you never use?
There's real farmers and there's hobby guys like me.

I have my grapple on more than any of my FEL attachments, including my bucket. Seems like every time I turn around, there's something that needs to be picked up off the ground and I don't like getting on and off the tractor 15,000 times day. I'll just snag it with my grapple and take it to where I want it.

On the 3-pt I have my box blade on more than anything else. It also acts as ballast. I don't like loaded tires. Just me.

Pallet forks, especially for the cost, are hard to beat but they're off more than they're on. But they're practically mandatory. When you need them, nothing else will do. For me, 42" works best

/ Most useful attachments #34  
This is how I justified all my purchases. First the tractor - plow/repairs to my mile long gravel driveway. Clear the snow in my yard also. The FEL and bucket - move material on my driveway and anywhere on my 80 acres. The 3-point rear blade - driveway maintenance and creating trails anywhere on my property. My Wallenstein chipper - I thin and chip my pine stands. 800 to 1200 small pines almost every spring.

Let "necessity" be your guide to what you need to purchase.

I did purchase a disk harrow. Land Pride DH1040. It is WAY to light and has proven to be worthless for me. One of these days I will get around to selling it.

/ Most useful attachments #35  
This is how I justified all my purchases. First the tractor - plow/repairs to my mile long gravel driveway. Clear the snow in my yard also. The FEL and bucket - move material on my driveway and anywhere on my 80 acres. The 3-point rear blade - driveway maintenance and creating trails anywhere on my property. My Wallenstein chipper - I thin and chip my pine stands. 800 to 1200 small pines almost every spring.

Let "necessity" be your guide to what you need to purchase.

I did purchase a disk harrow. Land Pride DH1040. It is WAY to light and has proven to be worthless for me. One of these days I will get around to selling it.
Most small disks need additional weight to dig in. Consider mounting a 55 gal drum on top of it and filling it with water for added weight.

/ Most useful attachments #36  
Grapple, nothing else comes close. (and I have a LOT of attachments)

/ Most useful attachments #37  
For my uses, the brush hog is probably at the top of the list and the ratchet rake is at the bottom (only used once).

All of the others (FEL, snow blower, rear blade, york rake, and wood chipper) get used and I'm extremely glad to have each. This time of the year, I am able to mentally justify a future purchase of a pto leaf blower like the kind the golf courses use. Gets a tad old using a back pack blower in the pastures. The ones I have seen are expensive for a once per year use, and just can't seem to find a good used one.

/ Most useful attachments #38  
This time of the year, I am able to mentally justify a future purchase of a pto leaf blower like the kind the golf courses use.
Having spent yesterday with a backpack blower loosening all my fillings, I am right there with you.

The rub is, they're certainly expensive. And they seem to want a lot of horsepower, though even my small 25 hp tractor has more of it than the stinky two stroke on my back.