Most hated household job

/ Most hated household job #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
I don't know about you guys but there is definitely one job around the house that I really hate above all others and for me it is cleaning the snow off of my roofs.

I usually hope that the snow won't get too deep and will begin to melt before I have to clean it off. By the time I realize it must be done, it is 3 to 4 feet deep. It is heavy and the work is very hard given the fact that my roofs are fairly steep above the porch, you tend to slip and slide and occasionaly fall off the roof, hopefully into a big pile of snow, bottom first.

This year I found the perfect solution - six strong young guys who charged $200 to do the job. Here is the after effects on two of the six sides of my house. It is 10 feet to the eaves on my garage:

snow-removal-from-roof-1_20.jpg

/ Most hated household job #2  
It would be nice to have some of that from time to time:(

/ Most hated household job #3  
Cleaning toilets.

/ Most hated household job #4  
It would be nice to have some of that from time to time:(

Especially when trailing a bloody deer that just won't fall!

Most hated job around the house: Cleaning gutters.

Last edited:
   / Most hated household job #5  
I hate remodeling just got no drive to do it. My wife and I after we got engaged wanted to redo the kitchens walpaper and paint it. When I was a kid w the house burnt and the heat i nthe kitchen petrified the wall paper to the wall. mom paered over it and did a great job but Amy wanted a Sunflower themed room. I told her that we could do it but shed have to listen to me about the history of the old house It was moved out of the way of the Water way when it ate Holcut. Nothing in it is flush straight or square. When It cam to the paper Her mother came over and I told them only use the Commercial steamer I renter to remove the paper. Her mother didnt listen to the part about not gouging through the singed layer of paper. I had to go to work and move a 40 yard container and when I got back her mother had tried to use the Walmart special 19.99 steamer she had and it just soaked the walls and thats it then gouges up alot of the sheet rock. I hate working over like that. Its been over a year and Im still not done lol . I hate weed eating all my edges are weedeated once and then I round up the borders that arent finish mower accessible.

/ Most hated household job #6  
I hate running the string trimmer and entertaining company, especially relatives.

Brad

/ Most hated household job #7  
taking out the trash
remodeling
fixing any of our vehicles
changing the air filters in the furnace
fixing the computers
painting
doing laundry
doing dishes
picking up the kid's toys
cutting grass
washing the cars
getting off of the couch:D

/ Most hated household job #8  
Hanging curtains!!*$@#**#. The rods are always underbuilt. They have plastic corner connectors which are just marginal. The wide rods usually fit tight in the channels sewn in the curtains and are hard to thread. The mounting brackets are furnished with nails which won't work in drywall. The wife buys them and says all the hardware is included. Another trip to the hardware store is always required to buy suitable sink/anchor screws. To add insult to injury, the hardware is usually grossly overpriced. And of course, the wife always wants at least three mounted on top of each other - shears, the main drape or curtain, and then a valance.

I'd much rather dig ditches with a shovel or maybe have a colonoscopy!!!

/ Most hated household job #9  
Hauling our trash to the county dumpster.

/ Most hated household job #10  
Hanging curtains!!*$@#**#. The rods are always underbuilt. They have plastic corner connectors which are just marginal. The wide rods usually fit tight in the channels sewn in the curtains and are hard to thread. The mounting brackets are furnished with nails which won't work in drywall. The wife buys them and says all the hardware is included. Another trip to the hardware store is always required to buy suitable sink/anchor screws. To add insult to injury, the hardware is usually grossly overpriced. And of course, the wife always wants at least three mounted on top of each other - shears, the main drape or curtain, and then a valance.

I'd much rather dig ditches with a shovel or maybe have a colonoscopy!!!

Wife's at home ordering curtains as I write this. I've never had a colonoscopy. Is getting one a good enough excuse to get me out of hanging curtains?

Chuck