More Questions

/ More Questions #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
I"m only using the tractor about once a week. I'm at 75 hours and yesterday I decided to box blade my road. Some parts are clay others have some iron ore.

I'm goint along just fine, but notice the hydrolics are surging when I back up. The box blade goes up and down and works fine exept for the surging.

I keep working, and depending on the soil, I change gears. I put it in first with no hint of trouble. It will not come out of first. Low, med or high range all work fine. Forward and reverse work fine.

I guess I'm back to the dealer unless somebody has a simple explenation to my red lemons latest problems.

Thanks,
Eddie

/ More Questions #2  
Eddie, I have decided I will be purchasing a Century 2535 in the spring, but since I have not done so yet, I can't answer your question. I was curious as to the "red lemon" comment. Have you had other problems with your tracor?

/ More Questions
Eric,

I'm just being a smart **** calling my tractor a red lemon. It's really is a good tractor with lots of power.

If you look at my posts over the last several months you'll see the good and the bad.

My land is wild jungle that I'm trying to get under control. I use the tractor very hard. Normal wear and tear is expected along with breaking different things. I don't have a loader and some damage is due to this.

This is the second issue with the tranny, and my dealer will fix it like he's done the other problems.

Eddie

/ More Questions #4  
Not trying to read too much into it, thanks for the clarification. I am absolutely impressed with the Century tractor, but like all mechanical things, lots of opportunity for problems. The features, size and price are outstanding. A dealer close by me just started carrying the Century line, my 2 year's of reading, renting and general research is almost over.

/ More Questions #5  
Eric, To step in here.
In all honesty, I think Eddie abuses his tractor big time. Some of it is because of the nature of his property and some of it is because of his experience, or lack of. . I've had my 3045 since the spring and have had a few minor easily fixed hydraulic leaks. Snug up a fitting and things are fine. Right now, all of my work is loader work. I've picked up and moved some huge foundation rocks. My only problem is I still need more counter weight. I did not load the tires (R4) because I use my tractor over lawn and prefer to add and remove weight when I need it. Bottom line, these tractors are incredibly beefy and reliable, on top of being a superb value. I wouldn't let the experience of one person who uses the tractor as hard as they do sway me from any Kukje product. JMHO /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Pacesetter

/ More Questions #6  
I don't think anything can sway me at this point. Over the last two years, I have spent countless hours on this web site, actually I think my wife has a count of the hours I have spent here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I have also taken 1 week off over the last 2 summers and rented a Kubota L3010, and New Holland TC30. Both tractors were Hydro with loaders, and this size tractor/frame is perfect for my property (lots of woods and tight spaces). The only complaint with both tractors was the loader capability, when I was digging/moving wet heavy soil, both loaders were struggling. Then Kubota came out with the L3130 with the increased loader capability, and I was sure this was going to be the tractor. 80 hours didn't make me any kind of expert, but it did help me determine the features that were important to me for the usage I had planned for the tractor. It was also nice to experience two dealers first hand.

Then I tried the Century, I was so impressed with this tractor, that I would gladly give up the hydro. That C50 loader has incredible power, and the performance/fit and finish on this tractor is great. Wrestling a 5 gallon container of diesel fuel over the hood of a tractor was not I feature that I was interested in, the loader control on the fender is a much better position, the gear shift is in a great location, the large deck, etc.. In every other tractor that I liked, there always seemed to be something I wished I could change. With the Century, there is not a single feature that I would want changed. My shop will be built in the Spring, and there will be a new Century in it next year /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The comment was not going to sway me, I was just more curious as to the kind of problems Eddie was having, I had forgotten about the hood. Any tractor can and will have problems, but if there is a common/known problem, I will have that discussion with the dealer before I purchase.