More Netscape woes

/ More Netscape woes #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Just when I thought it was working in Netscape 4.7, I went to the classified section and, while I can drill down to the categories, when I select a category it appears to load and give a "Document Done" message in the bottom left corner BUTT (one of wroughtn_harv's often referenced "big butts" /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif) there is nothing on the screen and my computer locks up so I have to shut down all of my Netscape windows (usually 4 or 5)

Mostly just a minor PITB (pain in the ....) but sometimes I work at a computer that does not provide the IE option and I experience mild TBN withdrawal /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif'cause I can't use the whole wonderful site.

Bob

/ More Netscape woes #2  
<font color=blue>"Document Done"</font color=blue>

Ah yes, that useful piece of entirely inaccurate information. Kind of like the "Estimated time left:" when installing a program or downloading a file.

As much as I hate to admit it, IE is my browser of choice. At home where I don't have a Windows machine, I run Galeon, Konqueror, Mozilla, and Netscape. Not any one of them does the job on their own, I have to use them in conjunction with one another (Galeon handles Macromedia Flash better than Konqueror, for example). What I really like, though is the ability in Konqueror to enable/disable java and javascript globally or by website.